Book Two/Blott's Showdown

Summer had come to a close and it was once again time for Angel and the Malfoy's to make their way to Diagon Alley for school supplies. After replacing ink pots and restocking owl treats it was off to Flourish and Blotts for their year 2 reading.

Unfortunately, her father was needed back at Hogwarts early this year so he would be unable to accompany them. He left her in the capable hands of her godparents, Lucius and Narcissa. While Narcissa made her way to Madam Malkin's, Lucius had another transaction that needed seeing to.

Angel knew her father would have a fit if he knew that Uncle Lucius was taking them to Knockturn. The ministry had taken to raiding homes of pure-bloods in search of dark magic items and the Malfoys could no longer risk having any in their home. The biggest trader in dark artifacts was a shop on Knockturn called Borgin and Burke's.

She and Draco entered the shop slightly ahead of the senior Malfoy. As soon as she entered the store she could feel another's presences. Doing a small mental sweep of the area she located none other than Potter hidden away in a near artifact, not able to be seen by the naked eye.

Not wanting to raise his suspicion she pulled Draco to the side as his father made his way to the counter. "Draco, I need you to stay calm, understand?" Draco's face immediately turned dark knowing something must be wrong as he nodded slightly. "Somehow, Potter is hidden in the Iron Maiden by the counter." She explained.

She saw rage for a moment before it turned to something more sinister. "Now you're getting the idea, Dragon. A listener who doesn't realize we know he's there." Draco smiled and gave her a wink before turning to join his father. Though it got him in trouble she couldn't help but laugh internally when Draco pushed the limits by tracing the eyes of the Iron Maiden in faux interest. She imagined Potter would be terrified.

They left the shop having had their fun and her uncle none the wiser. Leaving the Alley she noticed the large figure of Hagrid leaving one of the shops, well that was interesting. Continuing as if nothing had changed they calmly made their way to the crowded book shop in search of their textbooks.

"What's all the fuss at the book shop?" Angel asked her uncle and Draco. Draco and Lucius made similar sounds of disgust as they explained what was happening. "That would be pitiful witches hoping to catch a glimpse of that disgrace Lockhart." Uncle explained. Angel's face twisted in distaste. "The one who's books I mark for inaccuracies?" She asked laughingly.

That made the Malfoy men smirk. "One and the same." Her uncle said as he cleared a path through the witches that overflowed the store. "Draco, why don't you and Angel head upstairs while I find someone that works here." The children nodded in agreement not wanting to stay in the crush that was the ground floor.

She was flipping through a new edition of Potions Weekly when she felt Draco's anger radiate. Looking up she quickly spotted the issue. Seems Potter was spotted by the attention seeking fraud and they were being photographed for The Profit. Sighing she waved her hand making her vault draft book appear.

With a wave of her wand it filled in the amount for the magazine and with another she waved it on its way to the counter below. Tucking it in her bag she moved forward trying to keep the damage Draco would do in public to a minimum.

"I'll bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter? Famous Harry Potter! Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page." She winced internally at the ring of jealousy in Draco's voice. She would never understand why Potter turning down his friendship still stung him.

"Leave him alone." Angel smirked when she realized where the small voice came from. Seems the Weasley's were still producing redheads that spoke before they thought. Angel had come to a truce with the twins but the youngest Weasleys seemed dead set against having anything resembling manners.

"Oh look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend." Draco's smirk matched hers. "One with worse manners that her brother it seems." She added and held back laughter when the girl's eyes grew impossibly wide hearing her voice.

"Now, now Draco, play nicely." He said since the adult had not heard her words. She smiled with a wink at Draco's pout at having been the only one reprimanded. "Mr. Potter... Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last. Forgive me, your scar is legend, as, of course, is the wizard who gave it to you." Her uncle said seeing the 'boy wonder' for the first time.

"Voldemort killed my parents. He was nothing more than a murderer." Angel and Draco paled knowing the truth behind the name unlike Potter. "Don't speak of things you don't understand, Potter." She spat into the heads of the small group.

Before he could rebut Lucius spoke again. "Hmm. You must be very brave, to mention his name...or very foolish." Lucius agreed with his goddaughter. "Fear of a name only increase fear of the thing itself." Angel has forgotten the former muggle was there since this was the longest she had gone without speaking.

"You know nothing of fear." Angel spoke directly to her making the girl's eyes widen at the female Snape's attention. "And you must be... Miss Granger. Yes, Draco and Angel have told me all about you, and your parents. Muggles, aren't they?" He sneered, not at the muggles as she knew the group thought, but at Arthur Weasley who was so like his younger children.

He spotted the young redheads with another curl of his lip. "Let me see...red hair... vacant expressions... tatty second hand book. You must be the Weasleys." The disgust was clear in the man's voice as he spoke. Angel rolled her eyes when a larger version of Ronald walked up.

"Children, it's mad in here! Let's go outside." He said rudely ignoring their presence, showing where his children inherited it. "Well, well, well. Weasley senior." Angel and Draco's eyes met in mirth as their uncle/father addressed the ragged man.

"Lucius." "Busy time at the Ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime, but judging by the state of this, I'd say not. What's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it." He asked rhetorically.

"We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." It took all of Angel's willpower to keep from saying something to the wizard who knew nothing of what her uncle and father had been through. The high and mighty Weasley family would one day see their error and it couldn't come soon enough for her.

———————————
Sorry it's been so long!! 🤭 Time slips by so fast! The upside of quarantine is a lot of spare time. 😁 So, I will be going through each story and updating AT LEAST once to each. Keep an eye out for more updates here since we all need an escape right now.

Everyone stay safe and healthy!!