Followers

Around ten minutes later they had s full cabin. She knew they were social climbing pure bloods. She tried not to let this influence her impression of them, but for now she would stick with Draco and Blaise.

She knew their parents had all been death eaters as well from her fathers lessons. He wanted her to know who to watch out for. The Zabini family had been in Italy and stayed neutral for the war, another point in their favor.

Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe seemed to have appointed themselves Draco's bodyguards. She hesitated to ever call someone dumb, but it seemed their parents didn't much care about teaching their kids. Then there was Pansy Parkinson, her family had lost their standing with the fall of Voldemort and they had been grasping ever since.

She saw Pansy's eyes light up when she heard their last names. She doubted they would be able to shake this girl without drastic measures. Draco had told them how she spoke and told them the rest was none of their business. She was glad they accepted that answer for now.

She had started to drift off, bored of all the talk of bloodlines and pedigrees the rest were discussing. Who cares where you care from, it was up to you where you went. It was the snack trolley woman that woke her with a start. The ringing of the bell and the yelled, "Anything from the trolley?!" Made her realize it was past lunch time.

Draco must have realized as well, "Ange, time for your lunch and potion." He said quietly. Not quietly enough though apparently, Parkinson had to be not only nosy but jealous of the attention. "You call her Ange? And what potion? Cant she feed herself?" Draco looked more mad with each question.

Angel didn't even give the vile girl a moment of attention. Grabbing her bag she pulled out her potion, quickly throwing back the light gold potion her dad had created. It tasted like dirt, but it kept her from feeling the pain she knew she would be in after a few more hours on this train. Then taking out the cut crystal bottle she put her bag back beside her and slowly began to sip her lunch.

Draco and Pansy were busy arguing, and Crabbe and Goyle were clueless. This gave Blaise a chance to talk to her. "Is it painful?" He whispered. His eyes showed he sincerely cared, so she answered. "Sometimes. There are perks to being a potion masters daughter." She said with a smile.

He still looked concerned however. "You need to drink your food? I'm sorry if that's personal I just feel a need to know you. Maybe I can help you if you ever need it." Angel thought for a moment, staring this boy in the eyes.

"Alright." She said with a slow nod. "Yes, this is a specially made shake my dad and Madam Pomfrey concocted. The same muscles that let you talk are the ones that help you swallow solid food. But rather than look at the negative I'm just glad I had had dad that could make my life so much easier."

Blaise was stunned, he had never met such a grateful and selfless person, especially in the "socially acceptable". "You're something special, Angelica Snape." Hearing her name Draco forgot Pansy in the middle of their argument and turned to them. "What are you two talking about?" He asked suspiciously.

"Just how wonderful you are, Dragon." She said jokingly to only Draco and Blaise. Draco smiled and rolled his eyes playfully. "Finish your lunch, Ange." "I notice you call her Ange, Malfoy. I imagine that's for her name. Maybe I should call you angioletto, eh Bella?" Blaise gave her a sly wink, letting her know he was winding Draco up.

"Oh stop with the Italian, Zabini." Draco said with an angry look. "Dragon, he's just trying to get a reaction. Don't let him win." The change in Draco's demeanor was instantly noticeable. Blaise saw this and wandered if they had any idea of how connected they were, likely not. Having a mother that had been married 12 times might have made more sensitive to these things.