Halloween Horrors

The next few weeks were pretty quite for Angel. Her grades were perfect as was expected from her dad. Draco had gotten a letter from his dad about being 3rd in his class. He had written Angel one as well in a much different tone saying how proud he was of her achievements and grades. Draco having already been annoyed about Potter and his getting to play Quidditch was made worse.

While Draco received a letter of disappointment from his dad for letter a muggle-born do better than him, it seemed Potter had gotten a broom. Not just any broom either, the very one Draco had wanted. She gave an internal sigh as she saw the rage on Draco's face. She saw Potter's owl sitting with Aunt Minnie, so that's where he got it. 

When Draco saw them leaving he made to follow them. "You're not going with him?" Blaise asked with a hint of surprise. "It was from his head of house. There's nothing to be done about it. I'll just have to clean up the aftermath." Blaise simply nodded as he took a sip of his pumpkin juice.

When Draco sat back down looking mad enough for steam to come out of his ears she and Blaise shared a look. "Saint Potter! Gets whatever he wants, he doesn't even know how to fly with a broom like that." Angel waited and let him wind down some before she spoke.

"You should talk to Marcus." She said when he paused from complaining a few minutes later. He looked at her confused. "Marcus Flint, Quidditch captain. The first game is always Slytherin and Gryffindor. I bet he would love to know about Potter and his broom." Draco seemed to think for a minute then get his smirk back. "You're a genius, Angel." He said smiling now.

The next few days she noticed how odd Potter and his friends were acting. She would have put it down to nerves for Potter, but not Weasley and the girl. She wondered what was making them so jumpy. She decided to go see her father during her free period and get his thoughts. She began as soon as he let her in.

"Potter is up to something." Her dad looked up from his work. "Do you know what?" He asked, knowing she had evidence if she said anything. "Whispers, hours in the library, and the only one doing well in classes is the girl." She answered still in thought. "Seems Potter has indeed inherited more than his looks from his father." He said in a sneer.

"You said the school is protecting something. Is there any way they know what it is? He started acting like this after the news article." Her dad sat back thinking. "Dumbledore had Hagrid pick up the parcel from the goblins. I'm betting he took Potter with him." He said with a sigh. "You know I respect Hagrid, but he talks to much." She said in an annoyed tone.

"I'm betting the fools are up to something incredible dimwitted over this powerful item." Her dad sighed rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Let's not worry about this yet. I'll keep an eye on them. I was glad you wanted to come see me today though." She simply turned her head in question. "I want you to do your best to stay away from Quirrel, Never be alone with him. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I very much doubt it."

She immediately agreed, her dad wouldn't say such a thing lightly. She decided to lighten the mood. "Is our Quidditch team ready to take down Aunt Minnie's Lions?" She said with a smirk. Her father giving her a matching one in response. "Flint has been keeping the team on a strict plan. We should be able to easily take the cup this year." Noting the time she hugged her dad and left.

The next day she greatly regretted asking Draco to help her see what Potter was up to when she woke up to find he had gotten a detention during the night. She knew the only reason he wouldn't receive a howler was his family found them harmful to the family name.

The day after that she was in a rage for Dumbledore having allowed Draco to go into the Forbidden Forrest. Hagrid hadn't even kept them safe, Draco told her of the terrifying figure bend over a unicorn and had a horrible gut feeling over who or rather what it was. It seemed Voldemort was closer than she ever knew. She had yelled and cried with her father for hours that day.

When Halloween finally came she wasn't exactly in the celebration spirit. She smiled and put on a show so as not to raise suspicions it she knew Draco saw through it. When Quirrel ran screaming into the room she knew he was up to something. She didn't panic at the news of a Troll. It wasn't like she could have yelled as Draco was doing anyway. She calmly looked to her father knowing what had happened.

Dumbledore told them to return to their dorms. She wondered if he realized he was sending them to the place where the troll was spotted. She knew she could stun a troll long enough to get help so she tried not to be scared as they went down the halls. She knew her dad would be heading to whatever treasure the school was hiding. He saw through the charade as she did.

Trolls didn't let themselves in.