Gossip and Grades

The next morning she woke to a commotion outside and banging on her door. Knowing it must be important she hurried to get seated, not even worrying about her robe. She turned the knob letting the door open and Draco stood pale on the other side.

"Dragon! What is it?" She asked worriedly. "Potter fought him. It's all over the school." Angel quickly moved back and waved Draco into the room. Draco walked heavily to the nearest seat. Angel's mind raced as she figured out what this meant and how to proceed.

"Is Harry alive?" Was the first clear thought. Draco nodded. "Ya, a hufflepuff saw the professors carrying him to the infirmary." She sighed in relief knowing hope would have been lost without Harry alive. "Do they know why he was here?" She asked wondering how much of the story had made it back.

"No, there's rumors but no one knows why he would be in the schools basements. Weasley and the bushy haired one were there too. I'm not sure if they've talked." Angel sighed knowing she would have to speak to them, not her favorite task.

"Draco, what I'm telling you doesn't leave this room." She said meeting his eyes. Knowing how serious it was when she used his name he nodded quietly. "I know why Voldemort was here." They both flinched slightly as she said the name. "Dumbledore agreed to hide the Philosopher's Stone here at Hogwarts."

She waited a moment to let that sink in and to see his reaction. "Why on Earth would he agree to that? It should have been somewhere like Gringott... the break in. It was at Gringott's and was moved here." Angel smiled, proud at how fast he had put that together.

"Yes, it was moved here. Dumbledore, my dad, and the others all did their best to keep it safe. Obviously Potter had help since it was tasks only the other houses could pass." Shaking her head she moved to her trunk and with a wave of her wand was dressed in her robes.

"Draco, why don't you stay in here while I go speak to dad. I need a few answers." She didn't wait for his answer before heading out and towards her dad. When she got to his door she called out. "Dad! I've heard, please let me in." The next moment the door was open and she could see her dad rubbing his head as he sat at his table.

"Didn't take long at all for the school gossip to make rounds." He stood as a tea kettle whistled and poured them a cup. Obviously he had been expecting her. After he had a sip of his tea he waved her on knowing she was bursting with questions.

"What happened to his soul?" She thought it was pride she saw in her dads eyes when he looked startled by her first question. "Well, it seems you know more than I realized you did. I should know better than to underestimate you. To answer your question, I don't know. Potter somehow exercised him from Quirrel but now we have no way of knowing where he went."

Angel swallowed thickly, she didn't know if not knowing where he was made her feel any better. "The Stone?" She asked wondering where it had gone if Voldemort hadn't gotten it. "Seems Potter was able to get it from Dumbledore's enchanted mirror. The headmaster and Mr. Flammel have decided to destroy the Stone." She nodded as they both sat in silence thinking of the coming days.

Two weeks after Harry had been found word spread that Harry was awake. During her free period she excused herself with a excuse of needing something from Madam Pomfrey. Luckily, Draco seemed to think nothing of it and left to meet back during lunch.

Angel made her way towards the hospital wing. When she entered it was quiet with no other patients except Potter. Using the few moments she knew she would have she made her way to his bedside. Seeing all the flowers and treats surrounding him she simply shook her head.

"Angelica?" He asked shocked to see the female Snape come up to him. "Well, Potter, I can say I'm surprised you're in the hospital. However I am slightly glad to see you're still alive." She teased. He seemed too shocked to talk still so she continued. "I understand gratitude is in order. Though, had you not gone down there the stone would still be safely in the mirror."

That seemed to jolt him into action. "How do you know about...?" He started. She held up her hand. "Potter, I've told you. There are things about this I hope you'll never have to know. There are so many pieces in motion for the future and a single mistake can cause the happy ending to vanish."

Before Harry could respond Madam Pomfrey came out of her office having noticed Angel in her ward. "Miss Snape, I have a new batch ready for you." Angel simply nodded and willed her chair toward the matron. She thanked the madam as she put the potions in her school bag . She had been running low as the year came to a close and didn't want to risk it.

The feast later that week was to award the house cup. Slytherin banners hung from the ceiling as they entered. She saw Draco's proud smile as he looked around the Great Hall. "I wouldn't get too excited, Dragon." She warned. "What do you mean?" He asked worried. She simply nodded toward Dumbledore.

"Think about it, Dragon. What house is the headmaster from? What's happened that could be awarded points?" She saw when he realized her meaning and started pouting. "Aw, don't pout, Dragon. After all Slytherin still won on their merit alone. Just because we done have an old cup doesn't mean we aren't the best. Not to mention we won the Quidditch house cup."

That put the smile back on the young man's face. Just as she had predicted Dumbledore awarded hundreds of points to the Gryffs allowing them to win the house cup.

Final grades were posted with Angel leading the year followed closely by Granger and then Draco. Angel decided not to take the train home much to the dismay of Draco. However, a promise of lunch together the following day seemed to have unruffled his feathers. She sat next to her father watching the Hogwarts Express leaving for London and sighed.

"Well, at least life at Hogwarts will never be boring." She said ignoring her father's glare as she smirked.