Chapter 11- Shrimpzilla

Percy's POV

It was still raining rocks. But other than that the water was quite comfortable. 

After the moving letters, the rock rain started again so I couldn't get out yet even though my eyes had already adjusted as every time I did, I would end up with a head injury. Well, not really as the water healed me, but it still hurts. So I sat and waited, wondering about the prophecy.

This was Ancient Greek in a different world. Had someone been here before me? And if so, who? Why was the Delphi's voice here? How was it possible for the words to change locations? Why did the piece of rock above me look like a sheep?

I sighed as I dodged the rock. Looks like this isn't going to stop anytime soon. I looked around trying to find a shelter or a crevice to hide in. I looked between the falling rocks. ADHD is the MVP here because it would be hard to find the cave if I didn't have it! I make a not-so-straight-beeline to it, dodging all kinds of animal-shaped rocks. I get to the large cave and like any other cave, it was a bit boring. Lots of pebbles, sand and small crevices and a fish. No, I am not eating it. I may have not eaten dinner but I have not lost my sanity. I might as sit down, get comfy and snozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I entered Dreamland once again. How did I fall asleep quickly? Plot power.

(COME ON PERCY! WE MADE IT ONE CHAPTER WITHOUT BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL!)

I looked around, surrounded by white fog, or was it mist? It was like I was in some creepy-

(DON'T IGNORE ME PERSEUS JACKSON!!)

horror movie. But then again dreams are weird.

(Fine be that way.)

I walked around a bit unable to see anything before discovering a faint silhouette. I walked towards it, the silhouette getting clearer, making out a straight line with a few mounds on it and tiny things that were flying off it. Dust?

But before I could get any closer a gust of wind blew, making the white mist blow over the strange shape like a tsunami, the silhouette disappearing under it. The mist kept going, gathering at one point like a reverse ripple. The mist built up to a single area like an invisible force was sucking it up into an invisible container. It reached just a bit taller than me before collapsing, revealing Poseidon in all his Hawaiin shirt glory.

"That was one cool entrance Dad."

"It is hard to enter a dream while you are dreaming. Anyways, you've already seen the prophecy correct?"

"Ye- Wait, how do you know?"

"I know a lot of things." Poseidon waved off my question. "Due to some difficulties we weren't able to contact you but as predicted, Athena has refused to help."

"So, are you going to tell me what the items are?"

"Well, no, I'll tell you the less dangerous ones that are most likely easier to collect."

"Most likely?"

"After being disconnected from this world for 900 or so years you can't really keep track or remember where certain objects are."

I nod along, having drifted off halfway through the sentence trying to figure out what in the name of Zeus was that shape I saw.

"Anyways, Percy, we need you to get 4 items. They're easier to get for a reason you won't like. Due to us sending you here, a portal had opened between the worlds which the monsters are using to invade this one."

"Let me guess, you want me to find a way to close the portal while I'm trying to figure out how to get out? Why can't I just use the portal? To, you know, get out of here?"

"The portal is also the reason that you don't have to find the more dangerous objects. We sent a demi-god that knows how to write in Norse to guide the dragon-riding mortals in the right direction."

"Is she stuck in here as well?"

"No, she is still alive through plot power."

(Not you to Poseidon!)

The peace of the mist did not last long as the scene shifts, Poseidon fading away. I find myself in the Athena Cabin. In this dream I couldn't move at all, only stand. There was only one person who was occupying the room... Annabeth. Books were stacked against her bunk, one stack having coloured bookmarks while others had none.  She seemed like she was super concentrated on the book she was reading but sighed and slammed in shut, placing it in one of the stacks of books with no bookmarks. 

Annabeth rubbed her bloodshot eyes. It was obvious she was sleep deprived but she took another book anyways. 

"Maybe there is a solution, there's got to be one somewhere." Annabeth murmured. It was soft but loud enough for Percy to hear it.

And as sudden as his appearance he was swept away.

I feel a familiar pressure and sees an ever so familiar blue. I was dashing around the water only a white blur with black streaks to others. I could feel my wings pushing against the water as if I was a penguin and the water rapidly coming in and out of my lungs. But the body felt foreign and quite large. Not only that but for some reason, all I felt was the need to run. There was a ripple in the water, a big one, something large was moving. 

The body made a sharp turn to the right, making me disorientated but aware enough to see a large tentacle slamming down where the body was there one second ago. The tentacle seemed familiar but how? Was it one of the octopi as the supermarket that I couldn't save and was out seeking vengeance against me?

The body was making Percy feel like he was on a rollercoaster from the number of loop-de-loops and sharp turns it did. He would have enjoyed it if the body was avoiding death by a millimetre every second.

After another near-miss and tentacle, we were left alone for a bit. Maybe whatever is controlling the body got out of range of whatever wanted to kill it. The body also seemed to relax, slowing down for a bit, but I looked at the edge of his vision, and if I was human you could see the colour drain from my face when I spotted it. But the body wasn't so lucky.

A tentacle had grabbed it, bring it close to the horribly pink face. One that I was familiar with and left me shellshocked. I felt the body open its mouth, a blast of ice coming out of it but the creature brought the body away from its face as the icy stream shot out like a laser beam. The creature used another tentacle to cover the mouth to stop the stream, which the body promptly bit on. The monster screeched in pain, the hold of the body getting tighter as it constricted the air, well I should say water, out of us. Shrimpzilla then promptly chomped us down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, yeah. I finished this faster than I expected.

I was going to make this longer but I think this is a good place to end the chapter. 

I don't know if anyone says this but Happy Valentine's Day! No specials this time. I don't give chocolates out either.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, please give me comments if I made a mistake, though I'm pretty sure I didn't make many since I have Grammarly. 

There's not much to say but...

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FOLLOW!!!

AND I'LL CYA NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!