And... He's back

???'s POV (I'm using this until he knows who he is)

I've been stuck here for over two months now. The dragons in the cages keep changing every time we stop at an island. I hope Eclipse and Mist are okay. I hope they escaped.

It was a few days later that I saw my old rival, Viggo Grimborn. It's funny how I remember his name but not my own.

He studied me and clearly didn't recognize me because he left instead of adding more chains on. Weird.

But then again the last five years have been weird. Stars above, I don't know what is normal anymore.

Rowan's POV

"So what is it?"

"So... Heather, Rowan and I are going to sneak into the next village they stop at. All the dragons will keep a watch over the ships. We'll steal some of the hunters' helmets and we'll be wearing normal clothes. We'll board three different hunter ships so that we can have the most amount of information as possible. We'll each send off different signals as to when we're ready. And Eclipse and Mist will skim along the surface just below sightline and cause a distraction so that Forestflame, Stormfly and Windshear can join the fight unnoticed for as long as possible." I smiled when I finished.

"Well, it's thought through. But I have a few questions. What happens if someone is caught?"

"Mist can go down cloaked and save them?" We frowned.

"How about, we deal with that later. Second question, what are the signals?"

"I was hoping someone would come up with something," I told Rowan.

"Make a dragon-call? Someone could say, 'Muttonhead' really loudly?" Windshear suggested.

"Ooooo, those are good, but what's 'Muttonhead' mean?" Eclipse asked.

"It's calling someone an idiot," I said bluntly like when I explained it to Hiccup the first time.

"I'm going to use that on you from now on." Mist told Eclipse.

"Of course, you are," Eclipse responded while rolling her eyes.

"Okay, so the third question, how will we defeat 30 ships?! It's impossible!" I continued.

"Oo! Oo! I know! We could pick them off one by one. You know isolate a few ships at a time and destroy! And we would also save all of the dragons on those ships, too." Eclipse shouted.

"And how would we do that?" Mist asked.

"Uhhhhhh..." Eclipse said and Mist rolled her eyes.

"Well, you could blast the sails and then they wouldn't be able to use the wind to keep moving," Heather stated.

"Okay, okay, this sounds better. Let's do Heather's plan first and then Astrid's plan later if we don't find him and then there'd be a smaller chance of getting caught and we wouldn't have to stay on the ships for as long."

"I like it. No one having a very high chance of death. Find Hiccup sooner. Get home sooner. Sounds great." Stormfly said.

"I'm with Stormfly. I'm tired of all this flying let's rescue Hiccup!" Windshear said.

Delta's POV

I sat in the new great hall with my mom. "I'm just gonna say it, Chiefing sucks."

"It's okay, dear. You'll get the hang of it. You should've seen your dad when he first started, he was like a two-year-old who was going on a ship for the first time."

"Somehow, I find that hard to believe."

"Believe it or not, it's true."

"At least, he didn't have four children nagging him constantly."

"True-"

My mom was cut off by the door opening.

"Ah, Delta. I was looking for you." I rolled my eyes at him.

"What do you want, Magnar?"

"Well, since you brought it up, I wanted to ask you to marry me since it was your Dad's wish for you. And I know it has been a while since he died and I wanted to let you get over the pain before I asked you, so here I am."

I rolled my eyes at him again, I will never marry him. "Well, I think you'll have to take this matter up with, Darkstar."

"Why? And what kind of name is Darkstar, anyway?"

I examined my nails, "Well, it's tradition for you to fight him seeing as I'm his."

"Okay! Then I shall fight, Darkstar! Show your face, Darkstar! I want to marry Delta already, so show yourself!"

"Darkstar, would you please come and teach this Muttonhead a lesson."

I watched as Darkstar dropped down, "Magnar, I believe you two haven't met yet." Magnar turned around, "This is my mate, Darkstar. Darkstar, this is Magnar, I've told you about him before. He would like to fight you for me."

"What!? He wants you! Well, I'll defend you. Leave now or expect no mercy!"

I watched Magnar blanch, "He said, 'leave now or expect no mercy'. Your choice."

"That's your husband?"

"No, he's my mate."

"You know what I have someplace I have to be... I'll just be going now. Nice seeing you, Delta. Good to meet you, Darkstar." And with that, he left.

"You know you handled that very nicely, Delta." Mom said.

"So did Darkstar. Honestly, I thought he would've torn Magnar apart."

"I would've and I still want to."

"Oh shush," I told him and he walked up to me and licked my face. "Darkstar! Ugh! We've talked about this! Not when I'm human!" I shouted and flung it at him.

"Hey! I can't help it! I love you too much!"

I was about to shout back at him when te door flew open and Vera landed on me. "Oof!"

"Ma! Cans you teaches me to shift, likes you?" She asked. My mom, Darkstar and I all blinked slowly in shock. Not fully believing what we'd just heard.

"What?" I asked not sure if I had heard correctly.

"Blackmoon says I can'ts. But I wants to!" We all blinked a second time, still in shock.

"You want me to teach you to shift," I repeated slowly and she nodded vigorously.

I raised my brows at my mom and Darkstar and they both shrugged at me.

"Okay, I'll teach you. But that means I teach you hand-to-hand combat as well."

"What's that?"

"It's human fighting. If you're going to be able to shift you're going to know how to fight as well."

"Deal!"

"Mom I want you to cover for me."

"Fine, just don't be too long." I nodded at her.

"Come on, Vera. Let's go."