My life is CURSED

Astrid's POV

I was staring at the edge of a cliff, watching the sunset on the horizon. I fingered the betrothal ring Hiccup gave to me four years and three months ago.

"You promised me, Hiccup!" I shouted, "You promised you'd always find me! Where are you! Are you even alive!" I took the ring off my finger, the gold catching the last rays of light from the sun, and threw it as hard as I could off of the cliff.

Heather, who'd been cooking, stared at me as I turned away from the cliff.

We ate supper in silence and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and went about my daily routine, hitting every tree in sight, with my axe.

It was almost noon before Heather decided to interrupt me, "What?" I asked exasperated.

"Well, have you seen the forest around you? I feel bad for the trees."

It was then that I looked around and saw that I had beaten up the trees so thoroughly that there was hardly a piece of bark left on them. I blushed, "My bad."

"Hey, Astrid? Are you okay?"

"What makes you ask that?"

"Well... How do I put this?" She sighed before continuing, "Well, you started getting short with me and the dragons, then you start crying at random intervals, and then the thing with the ring, and now... this." She finished and gestured to the trees.

"So? I always do this."

"Not at this scale. Astrid, you just murdered a bunch of innocent trees."

"Okay, maybe I went a little overboard."

"A little?"

"Okay, a lot." She just arched her eyebrow. "Fine! It's just that... what if he's really dead? What if I was searching these past four years and nothing? I miss him so much and now I've gone and thrown away the one thing he left me."

Heather held me as I cried when I pulled back and wiped my eyes she held out a small object. It took me a minute before I realized what it was, my ring. Every curve and line was exactly where it'd been before. The mix of blue and black was still the same. I hugged Heather tight. And whispered 'thank you' over and over again.

"How did you get it back?"

"A Terrible Terror flew up right after you went to sleep after seeing, and catching your ring. Then he brought it to me. I was holding onto it until you realized your mistake, which was sooner than I had expected." I was silent for a few minutes.

"Heather?"

"Yeah, Astrid?"

"Do you think he's really out there?" It was the first time I ever doubted it.

"Yes, yes, I do."

Dreamchaser's POV

It was my fourth Spring. A lot had happened in my first four years of life.

First I had my mom all to myself, then had cousins. Then I was almost eaten by a Deathsong. Then my dad came back. Then I found out I had two more Aunts. Then I found out that one of my Uncles died in the war against Grimmel and Drago. Then Delta became mates with Darkstar and they had eggs and I had more cousins.  Then my Auntie Delta's dad died. Then my Uncle Rowan disappeared. Let's just say for a four-year-old Dragoness I've had an eventful life so far.

"Ma! I'm going to Berk!" 

"Okay." I heard my mom mumble back. I was shocked, cause you see I had always wanted to go to the previous home of my father and the majority of my family, but my parents never let me. However, it was just before dawn so I don't think my mom registered what I had said.

I didn't care. So I flew to the East, towards the place I had only heard of.

Sky's POV

I heard my daughter yell that she was going somewhere so I mumbled back that it was fine.

Three hours later I woke up and had managed to completely forget our conversation.

"Toothless! Wake up! Where is she?"

Toothless woke up with a start, "Huh? What! Where!" He leapt up and flew out of the cave and about ten seconds later landed back in the cave. "So, what's going on?"

"Dream is gone." Suddenly I picked up her scent and followed it.

It started heading East and I knew I no longer needed the scent trail because I knew she was heading to Berk.

2 days later

I saw Dreamchaser disappear through the trees.

Toothless seemed to know where she was heading and we arrived minutes before her.

"Dreamchaser! I told you, you couldn't come here!"

"No! I asked two days ago if I could come and you said 'yes'!"

Suddenly I remembered the conversation, "Oh."

"Is she no longer in trouble?"

"Yes. She came here with my permission even if I had forgotten about giving her my permission."

"Well! Since we're here I might as well give you a tour, even if the town is starting to fall apart."

"I think it's beautiful. Although, I can't believe you grew up here."

We spent the rest of the day walking around Berk and Toothless showed us everything that had happened here.

Rowan's POV

Forestflame and I had been following Hiccup for 5 days and Forestflame was starting to lose their scent.

"Curse it!"

"What?"

"This whole thing is cursed! He just had to be a Night Fury! And he just had to be in the company of two other Furies! Why couldn't they be a slower dragon! He goes missing for four years. I see him again and don't realize it. We chase after him, but he had a head start and he's a Night Fury. We start losing track of them. My life is CURSED!"

"What! You go from this flight is cursed to your life is cursed? I see absolutely no relation between the two."

"Don't care! My life is 100% cursed!"

"I don't think so. I mean, you're an Uncle. I brother. You have an awesome dragon. And your brother, who you thought dead! FOR FOUR YEARS! IS ALIVE! If anything your life is pretty awesome."

I smiled at that. He was right. But when was he not?

"Uh-Oh."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Tell me."

"Fine... I lost the trail."

You know what! Scratch that. My life is completely and utterly... CURSED!!!

"WHY, LOKI? WHY?"