Captive

1 month later (It's late March, 3 years after the war which happened in January)

Heather's POV 

I was waiting for Astrid to return from scouting. We'd decided that we should stay in this area for a few nights and wanted to make sure it was safe.

I heard a cry and a terrible terror flew up beside me.

I saw that it was frightened, "Are you Heather?"

"Yes." One of the very few words I knew in Dragonease.

"I have a message from Astrid. She said, 'hunters have me. Relocate immediately.'"

"That's all she said?" The Terror nodded. "Okay, Windshear. Let's go. Thank you." The Terror flew off.

Windshear took us to a cave only accessible by flight and we started planning our rescue mission.

Astrid's POV

I sent the Terror off. I hoped he'd find Heather in time.

I hit the deck and everything went black.

I woke up in a cage. I took a look around before speaking, "Stormfly?" No answer. "Excuse me, have any of you seen a blue and gold Deadly Nadder?"

"Who is this?"

"My name is Astrid. I was just captured and I'm looking for my friend Stormfly. I want to make sure she is okay."

"What species are you, Astrid?"

"...I'm a human, not a dragon."

"How do you speak our language then?"

"I was taught by my friends and my to-be-mate."

"How would your to-be-mate speak Dragonease?"

"He's the dragon prince and has lived with dragons for the past 18 years of his life."

There was silence then an ear-piercing roar. I heard all the dragons still and the hunters back up. "Is there a Nadder named Stormfly aboard this ship?" The dragon roared as loud as before.

"Yes." I heard a quiet response, "Have you seen my human, Astrid? She can communicate with us and is the to-be-mate of the dragon prince."

"Stormfly! Are you okay?" I yelled.

"Yes. Are you?"

"Yes. Hold on Stormfly. Heather and Windshear will help us."

I turned back towards the cell door and heard a man walk into the hall. He passed all of the cells, banging on a few if a dragon snarled, and stood in front of mine, "Good, you're awake." He smiled wickedly at me, "My brother wants to speak with you."

I choose to speak in Dragonease, "I won't tell him anything."

"You think that's fright'ning? Dragons snarl at me all day."

I rolled my eyes behind my mask, "It wasn't supposed to frighten you."

He rolled his eyes and I watched him unlock the door. He grabbed me and pushed me into a small room.

"Hello, Dragon Lady. At least, that's what I've been told to call you. It is nice to finally meet you. Please have a seat."

"I'll stand," I hissed back at him. He glanced up at his brother.