She waved and smiled at the few people that she spoke to regularly.

Placing her purse on her desk, Zahara plopped into her seat as her back was supported by her fuzzy pillow. Her entire cubicle was designed to her liking. From the LED lights around the perimeter, a mini fridge under her desk, pictures of her family and a bunch of drawings she drew whenever she was bored. Some being explicit, but all so alluring everyone had to look. Her cubicle was like her sacred space, especially since she'd been working for her boss; Rob for years. He was her go to when it came to sales. Although, she did whatever she wanted on her own time, when she was in the zone... she was there.

"I will start paying you to be here early if you keep leaving me here with all these damn white people."

Zahara chuckled and looked at her cubicle neighbour; Chris. They'd been friends since they both got hired together. They were never close until Zahara showed up to work hungover and Chris got her all the way together. He helped her clan herself up and made sure that she was on top of her work so that she wouldn't get fired. Ever since then, they'd been good work friends and sometimes hung out, outside of work.

"He's not lying."

Avery looked at her from the cubicle beside her.

"I'm sorry, I keep losing track of time." Zahara shrugged and picked at her nails. "It's not like anyone's working anyway."

"I hope sex is the thing that made you late today." Chris eyed her suspiciously.

Rolling her eyes, Zahara slouched into her seat. "No, it was not. I was actually up putting together some chords for the kids."

"Aw, how sweet." Avery smiled at her.

The trio talked for awhile before Zahara began to get to work.

"Hello, Rob's Rolling Wheels."

"Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a car from you guys."

"Can I get a name?" She chewed on her crackers. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she heard the line go silent.

"Ma'am."

"Are you eating in my ear?"

"Sorry about that. It's just the static over the phone." Zahara said as she chuckled over the phone. "Sir, what's your full name?"

Once she was finished checking his credit, she advised him to book an appointment and gave him the next steps that he'd have to go through with another department.

"Don't tell me that you were eating in that man's ear?" Avery looked at her with disbelief. She wasn't surprised that she had done so, but she couldn't believe that she continued to eat after she was confronted.

"I didn't even get to eat a full meal this morning." They both began to laugh and soon stopped when they heard whispers around the room.

Zahara looked around frantically and watched as three policemen walked around the cubicles. Each and every one of them took their time as they asked the employees as many questions as they could.

"What's going on?" Zahara whispered.

"Hello, ladies." One of the officers walked over to them. He rested one hand on his waist as he looked at the two women.

"Do you guys know where your boss Robert Jacoby is?"

"Um, no. He wasn't here when we arrived." Avery spoke up. The officer continued to ask them questions while Zahara zoned out. She didn't understand what Robert had done. What could he have done to make three officers come to the workplace in search for him? She prayed that whatever Robert did, didn't affect any of them.