𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ✰

+

+

mattia's pov

kairi: get out. GET OUT. GET THE FUCK OUT. I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

i looked at him in disbelief. i'd done so much keep this boy happy and show him that i care and he's being so ungrateful. the anger inside me began to rise.

me: no

kairi: no?

me: no. i have done everything for you. i've held you when you've cried. i've stood up for you even when you were wrong. you're being a selfish bitch right now.

kairi: im being selfish? YOU don't have to go to school and worry about being bullied because of your size and sexuality. YOU don't have to worry about what people say because you're "mattia polibio" everyone likes you. you don't care about me. you never did. let's be honest.. you only like me for my body. fuck off mattia.

without thinking i grabbed kairi's shirt and yanked him upward. he gasped and his eyes widened.

me: i shouldn't even be here. my brother is in the hospital fighting for his life right now and i'm here dealing with your bullshit. but you didn't even know of course. i'm here because i do fucking care about you. i'm here because i don't just like you for your body. i love you for who you are. you're the only thing keeping me sane right now and you won't even listen to me. i want to fix this. i want to fix us. please

kairi's eyes were glossy now and his bottom lip quivered a bit.

kairi's pov

deep down i knew he was right but i wasn't going to give up. i broke eye contact with him. he lowered me down slowly. i backed up a little before looking at him again.

me: goodbye mattia

he scoffed and pushed past me. i didn't want him to go. i wanted to grab him and tell him how sorry i am. i am just being selfish and fucking up my life. i heard the front door slam so i closed my room door. i slid down the door and let the sobs roll out. my heart was physically aching and my stomach felt like it was in knots.

i sent mattia a text that i really shouldn't have.

mattia's pov

i walked in kairi's house with hope that we'd be okay... i walked out of kairi's house knowing that we're now way worse.

did i mention it's only tuesday?

i walked to the hospital. everything hurt. my head hurts, my feet hurt, my stomach hurts, and my heart hurts. when i got to the hospital everything just felt worse.

this is all my fault. if i was there i could've protected him. i probably would be the one in the hospital but as long as that meant luca was safe i don't care.

i walked up to the front desk, where a plump pale woman sat typing things into a computer.

me: um hi i'm Gianluca Polibio's older brother.

nurse lady: is your mother here?

me: yes

nurse lady: i'll call her. she'll come get you. have a seat.

me: okay thank you

i sat down in the waiting area and buried my head in my hands. i silently sobbed. i'm losing everyone.. my mom is mad at me and most likely will disown me, kairi hates me and i don't blame him and luca...... is...... dying?

my thoughts were in interrupted by someone running their fingers through my hair. i looked up and saw my mom with a sad expression on her face. she grabbed my face and wiped away the tears on my face. she walked away and signaled for me to follow. i stood up and followed her. she led me to the room where he was. she entered the room slowly and i went in after.

my heart shattered when i saw my brother laying in that bed. i walked over and sat in the chair next to his bed. he looked over at me and the tears started again.

me: omg luca.... im so sorry

he reached his shaky hand out so i gently took his hand. the tears were falling uncontrollably.

gianluca: don't ..... worry

the heart monitor started beeping like crazy and luca was fighting to breath. i stood and looked at my mom who had already ran to call a doctor

mom: HELP PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP HIM

the doctors rushed in and told me and my mom to get out. my mom began pacing the waiting room frantically. i sat in one of the chairs. my heart was racing and my headache had gotten worse.

i took out my phone and saw a text from kairi. i opened it and my heart dropped.

kaibabyit's gonna hurt me too much to do this in person but

kaibaby
it's gonna hurt me too much to do this in person but.... i think me and you aren't gonna work. i really love you and i'm so sorry. ig my world was so fucked up that i started writing my own unrealistic fairytales. ty for making me happy ❤️. i hope you find someone better.

-

a/n 😶: oh um hello... i sowwy 🥺 it will get better soon