𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ✰

+

+

warning: homophobic slurs

monday morning, kairi's pov

i woke up to my alarm going off so I picked up my phone. I was almost blinded by the sudden bright light. I turned the alarm off but before I was able to put the phone back down it slipped out of my hand and fell on my face, leaving a red mark on my cheek. fucking great.

i got up to get ready for school. i threw on the first matching thing i found which was a purple and white striped shirt with black ripped jeans. today i'll be bold and not wear a hoodie.

i grabbed my stuff and went downstairs. maiya was sitting at the table texting someone.

me: who we talking to?

maiya: we?

me: who are you texting

maiya: bryce

me: bryce?! damn maiya you move on fast. she want the whole crew shawty brave

maiya: we're not dating. he's just a friend

me: mattia was "just a friend"

maiya: oh my god bye kairi

i laughed and walked out the door. the walk to school was silent. i decided to take a different route that would bring me to the school faster. it was so empty and quiet it felt like i was the only person in the world right now. the only thing that could be heard were birds.

i looked around at my surroundings. i was on an empty path that ran from my back yard directly to the school. it was surrounded by trees. it was the only thing you could see actually. miles upon miles of trees.

i arrived at school right on time feelings accomplished. i made it to school on time, i get to see mattia and i came out of the house without a hoodie on. today's going to be a good day.

my first period class today is physical education. i walked in to the locker room only to be met by laughter and whispering. i looked around, obviously very confused. i shrugged it off then made my way to my locker. i put my gym bag down on the bench in front of the locker, then looked up.

i was horrified. someone had written "kairi cocksucker" and "passic valley's local faggot" and next to it was a screenshot of me and mattia kissing from his spam.

i froze. everyone around me was laughing and recording. i was fighting tears and a panic attack at the same.

mattia walked in the locker room laughing with alejandro until they both looked at me and realized what was going on. mattia rushed over to my side ripping the photo off the locker.

mattia: they're just idiots it's okay kairi

i felt the tears rolling and i couldn't hold it in anymore so i ran. and ran..... and ran. i didn't stop running till i'd reached the path i took less than 30 minutes ago.

mattia's pov

me and alejandro decided to walk to class together considering we couldn't find kairi.

when we were approaching the locker room we heard laughter.

alejandro: damn what's so funny

me: some dude probably got pantsed again.

alejandro: the dudes in there claim they're so straight but think it's the best thing ever when they catch a glimpse of eachother dicks

me: i bet it wouldn't take much money to get some of the boys in there to suck you off

we both started laughing. i pushed open the door , still laughing. i looked at everyone who had their attention on something or someone, which they were all making fun of. i walked further in and realized they were making fun of kairi. my kairi

someone had hung a screenshot that i posted on my spam of me kissing kairi. i pushed through the crowd of boys and ripped the picture off the locker. i looked over at kairi, who was crying.

me: they're just idiots it's okay kairi

he ran out of the locker room in tears. my blood began boiling. i turned around and looked at the boys whose laughs had died down a little.

me: really? you think this shit is funny? who did this?

vallyk: chill bro. it's a joke

a joke? is this motherfucker serious?

i stormed over to vallyk and pulled him up by his collar.

me: you think you can just hurt kairi and get away with it?

i didn't even want an answer to be honest. i drove my left fist into his jaw. and my right knee into his gut. (im so sorry vallyk 😭) i threw a variety of hits at the smaller boy until i got tired. once i was finished i threw him on the floor and kicked him one last time. once i was done i looked back up at the silent crowd.

me: and if i see any of you post that video of kairi, you're dead.

the sounds of vallyk's groans were the last thing i heard before i walked out of the locker room. i walked to the old dairy queen that'd been abandoned 10 years ago. the door isn't locked so anyone could go inside whenever they wanted too. i pulled out my phone and deleted the video from my instagram and texted kairi.

 i pulled out my phone and deleted the video from my instagram and texted kairi

me
u okay?

me
i'm so sorry. i wouldn't have posted it if i knew it was gonna cause this. i just wanted to show you off

me
text me if you need me? when can i see you?

i took my juul out of my pocket and hit it a few times. i put on my "sad" playlist and laid on the counter, drowning out the rest of the world.

kairi's pov
instead of going home i decided to explore. i walked off the trail and into the woods. here and there i'd take a glance up at the trees that towered above me. there weren't any leaves of course because it's winter. poor trees.. forced to face the harshness of the winter breeze with no protection. but at least they have each other

i walked until i was deep enough into the woods. i found a tree and put my back to it. i looked around at the...... well the nothingness around me.

i exhaled deeply and let out the biggest blood curdling scream my body could cough up. i slid down the tree and sat next to it. my body was shaking and tears were streaming out of my face uncontrollably.

i sat there breathing heavily , drowning out the rest of the world and fighting a panic attack.

alone.

-

a/n: ah poor kairi :(

also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 15k READS. 🥺 y'all have my ❤️.