Jisoo

There's a knock on my office door.

My father walks in.

Great. He's most likely not here to ask for my Christmas wish list.

"What's up?" This conversation needs to be as short as possible.

He shuts the door behind him and takes a seat. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to be hanging out with Jennie Kim."

Ah, there it is. This isn't a social hello, unsurprisingly. I expected a call, but it seems he felt the need to show his face instead.

The tension between my dad and Jennie was strong, and I can't blame her. Even with my mom's discouragement, he judges those less fortunate in our town.

Last night, I could tell we were both exhausted, so I didn't ask Jennie to hang out, and we went into our own homes.

"Who I hang out with is none of your business," I reply.

He laughs. "Tell me it's only sex and you're using condoms."

"It's not only sex, and we're not using condoms. I'm hoping to give you fifteen grandchildren with her." Take that, asshole.

"Jisoo, if you're having an issue getting women to sleep with you, I can find someone to help get your rocks off."

I hold my hand up and cringe. Fucking gross. "Calm down. I'm not sleeping with Jennie."

"Good. You might be smarter than I thought."

I scoff. "Smart because I'm not sleeping with someone?"

"Smart, like your father, who knows where he sticks his dick is important."

"That's where you're wrong. I never want to be like you."

"A man like me?" he asks, insulted.

"Yes. A shitty husband. A shitty dad. A man so hungry for power that he can't realize his plate is already full."

He pulls at the collar of his suit. "I'm beginning to think my Jiyoon and Yiyeon carry more balls than my you two. Junghun wants to be ... fuck, I don't know what, and you want to screw a woman who grew up in the trailer park."

"Again, I'm not fucking Jennie. We're friends and neighbors."

He smiles. "Be safe with her. The last thing you need is a baby with the woman. Fuck her all you want, but be careful."

"Leave her alone," I instruct. "Don't you dare give her the same warning, or there will be problems."

He huffs. "Since when do you think you have authority over me?"

"Since I decided I'm not afraid of you and not a puppet under your bullshit. I thought I'd already proved that to you. It's been fun." I tip my head toward the door. "You know the way out."

"Selfish bastard."

"I wish I were a bastard."

**

"And there's our favorite third wheel," Rosé sings.

"Piss off," I grumble when I slide into the backseat of Lisa's truck. "If you two weren't forcing me to come, I wouldn't be a third wheel. My mom, who is the queen of throwing parties, never had a gender reveal party. Next, you two will be drinking hipster beer and eating french toast."

"French toast is amazing, for your information," Rosé replies with a laugh. "Stop being a hater."

I run my hands through my hair. "Can't you post the baby's sex on Facebook like normal people do? Why are you throwing a big party?"