(6) - Good luck

❃.✮:▹○◃:✮.❃

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I slowly blinked, trying to get used to the harsh light, blinding me. My head was pounding as I sat up on the bed. Silky, wine red sheets were draped over me. I pulled the covers away and hesitantly stood up.

"I see you are finally awake, darling. Go and get yourself dressed. We will arrive soon."

Clio Vesta was standing in the doorway. With a warm smile on her bright red lips she fondly looked at me. There was no sign of her shrill, annoying voice. The woman turned around and closed the door behind her silently.
Confused about her odd behaviour I stumbled to another door, which led to the bathroom. Deciding that there was no time to take a shower I stood before the sink and splashed my face with water. The cold liquid woke me up a bit more, as I started to comb my hair.

Stepping out of the bathroom I noticed that my bed had been made and clothes were neatly laid down on it. I smiled as I took a closer look at them. I changed my underwear and then put on the dark thights. On top of it I wore a dark, red sundress that reached my knees. It seemed to fit perfectly as I put my black shoes with small heels on. Who ever put this outfit together definitely knew how to get my image across, without making me feel uncomfortable.

I walked out of the room in which I had been sleeping for the whole journey. Clio was already waiting for me outside. She smiled at me and took my hand, leading me through the train.

"I hope you like your outfit."

She turned around and eyed me up and down as I gratefully nodded my head, while giving her hand a short squeeze.

"Sadly we are already here, so let's go!"

My smile disappeared as we got to the others, who were already waiting for the doors to be opened. As soon as they did, loud cheering ripped through the comfortable silence. I put a flirtatious smile on, before stepping out of the train. Dean was walking in front of us, followed by me and Easton walking side by side. Behind us were Clio and Genera. I was relieved that no one had asked about my little breakdown.

Trying my best to fulfill my image I smiled at different people of the Capitol. I tried to ignore a few wandering hands and even gave some of them a small squeeze. Making eye contact with as many people as possible, I also blew a few kisses out into the crowd.

As soon as we stepped inside a huge sigh escaped my lips. Easton leaned down a bit so only I could hear his question.

"You okay?"

I nodded my head and smiled at him, trying to stop his worries.

"District Five has also arrived, I see. Good to see you Dean, Genera."

I looked up to see a blonde man with sun kissed skin. He wore a huge grin on his lips and walked up to us.

"Nice to see you too, Finnick."

Hearing his name I finally realized who the person standing in front of us was. He was the 17 year old victor from District Four. He had participated in the 65th Hunger Games and won them while only being 14 years old at that time. He was Finnick Odair. Many rumours had already spread around about him, but I always tried my best to make a picture of a person by myself, before listening to nasty rumours.

"I saw your reaping. How courageous of you to volunteer for your little sister."

I couldn't tell if he was being serious or just mocking me but I still nodded. His gaze lingered on me for a little bit more, before turning away.

"May the odds be ever in your favour."

We watched as he stepped into the elevator and turned around facing us. I'm not sure if my eyes were simply playing tricks on me, but it looked like he winked at me, right before the doors closed.
I didn't have much time to think about it, because suddenly six capitol people appeared besides us. Three of them started dragging me away talking about some kind of freshening up, while the others did the same with Easton. I looked back at our mentors to see them calmly standing there, both of them seemed used to this. My eyebrows furrowed as I started to hear pained screams and Genera mouthed the words,

Good luck

❃.✮:▹○◃:✮.❃