My agent whispers in my ear that I have to start going into the theater because the ceremony is about to start.

"Well, I've gotta go. But it was nice to finally meet you!" I say.

"Bye, Y/N! It was lovely to meet you as well." Timothée takes my hand and places a soft kiss on it, looking up at me through his long lashes. I'm sure my cheeks are bright red.

I turn around and begin to walk towards the theater. When I reach the doors, I glance once more behind me and see Timothée still watching me, a smile on his face.

*****

The ceremony is about to begin and everyone is in their seats. I look around to see who I'm sitting near, and to my surprise, I see Timothée sitting just a few seats down. How did I not notice him when he came in?

I whisper his name a few times, trying to get his attention, and when he finally notices me, his smile gets even brighter. I want to talk to him again, but before I can, the music starts playing and the host comes out.

Throughout the whole ceremony, Timothée and I steal quick glances at each other, making funny faces to try and make the other person laugh. I can tell the people sitting between us are annoyed with our antics, but they don't attempt to stop us.

Suddenly, it's time to announce Best Picture. My heart starts beating quickly and my hands get sweaty. This is the moment I've been waiting for all night. The hosts read off a list of all the nominated movies, pausing for suspense. When they finally  announce who won, my heart drops. My movie didn't win. Neither did Timothée's. I put on a smile and cheer on the cast and crew of the winning movie. Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent movie, but I wished my movie that I worked so hard on had won.

When I look over at Timothée, he's already watching me, a small smile on his face. He shrugs as if to say "what are you gonna do about it?" His smile alone is enough to make me feel better.

The rest of the ceremony floats by, Timothée and I still watching each other carefully. When it ends, I'm quickly swept up by my agent and rushed into the limo, giving me no time to speak with Timothée.

*****

At the Vanity Fair after party, I mingle with my fellow actors and actresses, sipping expensive looking cocktails and congratulating the night's winners. The whole time, I sneakily look around for Timothée. I just want to have a real conversation with him.

Like before, I feel a tap on my shoulder. When I turn around, Timothée is there with his hand outstretched. A slow song comes on when I look at him.

"Care to dance?" Timothée asks.

"I'd love to," I say, taking his hand and allowing him to sweep me into the dance floor.

"Sorry you didn't win tonight," I say.

"It's okay. Sorry to you, too."

"Thanks. I'm a little upset but the movie that one was so good, I can't be too mad."

"That's very true."

We sway in silence for a moment, just looking into each other's eyes.

"So... have you heard the rumors?" I ask, hinting at the rumors about us dating.

"Yep. I hear them all the time."

"People are gonna think they're true after tonight. We've been talking and looking at each other and dancing."

"Why don't we make them true?" My heart stops.

"What?" I whisper.

"You heard me. We have chemistry, Y/N, you and I both know that. From the minute I first saw you tonight, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. Actually, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since the rumors first started a few months ago. I like you, Y/N. A lot. And I would be the luckiest winner here if you would go on a date with me."

I don't know what to say. I've been imagining him saying those words to me for so long, but I never thought he actually would. Worried that if I speak, my voice with crack and I'll start crying tears of joy, I go for the more rebellious option. I lean in and kiss Timothée gently on the lips.

"Does that answer your question?"

***

hi everyone! this is a request for @A_BlackMoon! i hope you liked it, thanks for requesting!

if u have ur own imagine you'd like to request, just pm me and i will gladly write it for u!

pls like, share, and follow for more!

much love, lyra <3