Netflix and Cookies

Spicy Bis
Jeremy's POV
Post SQUIP

"How do I look, son?" My dad asks after he adjusts his tie in the mirror. I'm too busy playing a video game to actually look at him.

"Are you wearing pants?" I ask.

"Yep."

"Then you look great."

"Jeremy, I'm serious. Can you pause your game?" I quickly make sure I'm in a good position to pause before pausing the game and turning my attention to my father.

"Wow, Dad. You going on a date or something?"

"As a matter of fact, I am. So, do I look okay?"

"Yeah, you look great," I say genuinely. "I'm happy you're finally putting yourself back out into the dating world."

"I have fully accepted the fact that your mother is never coming back and if she can move on, so can I."

"I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Private." He looks at his watch. "Oh, looks like it's time for me to go. Call me if you need anything." He salutes at me before leaving the living room and walking out of the house. As soon as I hear the car leave the driveway, I take my phone out of my pocket and text my boyfriend.

He sends me a gif of a car speeding down a street

He sends me a gif of a car speeding down a street. I laugh to myself as a text him back telling him to please drive safely. I also tell him to just come in when he gets here.

I look around the room and eventually down at myself and I realize that I should probably change. I'm currently wearing the same t-shirt and sweatpants I went to bed in last night. I run up to my room and quickly scour the room for something suitable to wear. After about a three minute fashion crisis, I finally decide on a basic pair of jeans and a random band t-shirt.

Once I'm satisfied with my outfit, I go back downstairs and clean up the video game controllers and everything else I had around me. I set up Netflix on the tv and scroll through the selections as I wait. I pass this one show titled You and go back to read the description.

"I heard that show was pretty good," a voice says out of nowhere.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yell as I chuck a pillow in the direction of the voice. I hear a thump followed by a quiet 'ow' and I finally figure out who the voice belongs to. I peer over the back of the couch and confirm my suspicion. "Rich!? What the hell?"

"You're the one who socked me in the nose with a pillow, and you're asking me 'what the hell'? Dude." Rich stands up from the ground, walks around the couch, and sits next to me.

"I'm sorry, babe. I didn't hear the door open and you scared me."

"Well now I know to not sneak up on you," he says, leaning into my side. I wrap my arm around his shoulders and press a kiss to the top of his head. He brings his hands to either side of my face and tilts my head down so his lips can meet mine.