Chapter Fifteen: Train Ride Home

LUNA'S POV

I quickly packed my stuff; Cho and I were still at school and everyone had to pack just in case they came back. It wasn't the same now that Dumbledore was gone; I could even see that McGonagall was less happy along with the rest of the teachers.

I was still playing what just happened in the back of my mind,

You're crazy

It was fake

You're hallucinating

Tears welled up in my eyes but I held them back; trying to wipe them away before they could fall.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned; seeing Cho giving me a smile. I returned it but it was getting harder to; she pulled me in a hug and that's when I felt the waterworks start.

"You're going to be fine Luna; I'm so sorry this happened to you" I sniffed,

"I just thought he was different y-you know? We always had a good laugh a-and I always enjoyed h-his company" I stumbled over my words because I was holding back a sob; I really didn't want anyone knowing how broken I was.

"Let's finish packing and head downstairs okay? I think they're handing out dinner on the train for us" I nodded and stepped out of the hug; I waved my wand and watched the rest of my stuff fold and go into my suitcase; I really didn't feel like doing the rest. Once we finished I took one last look at our dorm; it wasn't going to be the same next year so I thought I would look at it now.

"Come on" I followed Cho out of our dorm and common room and towards the Boats where everyone was supposed to head off too.

"Look it's Loony Lovegood" I groaned; I was really hating that name especially right now.

"Sad that it didn't work out with Draco? well I'm not surprised; it would've never worked out between you two anyway" Cho and I looked over and saw Parkinson and the two goons Crabbe and Goyle. Parkinson cackled which made the two boys laugh with her; I could feel my blood boil.

"Oh and who has a chance with him? You? You shouldn't be talking Parkinson; I don't think Malfoy likes pugs very much" she stopped laughing and looked at me in shock; Cho choked on a laugh and Parkinson narrowed her eyes.

"How dare you" she said; taking her wand out and pointing it at me. I took mine out as well as Cho; though we were outnumbered once Crabbe and Goyle took theirs out; though I don't know how good they are at spells.

"Hey!" Harry, Hermione and Ron ran over to us; their wands drawn. They pointed it at the three and they slowly lowered their wands; realizing that they were outnumbered.

"Don't do this now; we all need to leave" Harry said,

"Why would we listen to you?" Harry scoffed,

"Because if you don't we'll blast your heads off you idiots" Ron replied; their eyes widened as they realized the situation and lowered their wands completely; backing away from us.

"We'll see you next year" Parkinson said; smirking at me before walking away with the other two. I felt myself sigh in relief along with Cho; who Harry pulled into his arms.

"What were you two thinking?" Cho rolled her eyes but leaned into him; I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

"Parkinson pointed her wand at us first so it was self-defence" Harry sighed and shook his head; kissing her head.

"You scared me back there when I saw that you two were outnumbered" she giggled and whispered something in his ear which made him smile; kissing her cheek which made her turn red. I have to admit they were a really cute couple; I don't think there's anyone else that's better for her.