I awoke to the sound of running water.

Automatically, my head slowly turned towards the noise and I examined the fairly clean sink merely a few feet away, watching as water poured relentlessly from the grey tap.

Panic grew as I examined the unfamiliar environment, the small couch which I laid upon and the wooden furniture around me. The water continued to flow from the tap, and my teeth gnashed together at the sound, at the water which was going to waste.

I stood, pulling off the blankets which covered my body and stood carefully, eyes flickering down briefly to what looked to be my newly bandaged ankle before refocusing on the sink.

Crossing the room, I shut off the tap, hand staying against it as I lifted my head to stare into the mirror resting above it on the wall.

Grimacing at the dark, tired eyes staring back at me, I immediately shifted my gaze to the bandages on my neck and I exhaled quietly I recalled the fight with Anabelle. Pain still lingered from the wounds she had inflicted, but I couldn't help but smirk slyly, for I was alive, and she was not.

My head jerked backwards at the sound of a door opening, and I watched as Helda stepped into the room, gripping a bucket and at first, unaware that I was standing.

It was only when she placed the brown bucket down by the nearby fireplace that she looked up, stared towards the empty couch and then moved around on her feet in confusion until she faced me.

Her wet hair fell limply across her face,and her smile was soft. "How are you feeling?" She asked quietly, walking towards me and observing my expressions as she gestured to the bandages. I shrugged lamely, my tongue running over my bottom lip again.

Helda watched the act, and she disappeared out of the room and returned with warm water in a glass.

As I drank, she directed me back to the couch and watched as I desperately quenched my thirst.

"This house will be yours." Helda revealed once I was finished with the water and had thanked her. I paused at her statement in surprise, fingers tightening around the now empty glass.

At her nod of confirmation, I looked around me, examining the furniture and fireplace with newfound interest and followed Helda when she eventually showed me around the house.

There wasn't too much to see; outside of the room which I had woken up in was a simple kitchen area and then a bedroom with an adjoining bathroom.

"My aunt has spoken to the council about you being here, and they have agreed to let you stay."

"The Council?"

Helda dipped her head in a nod, her gentle smile returning at my confusion. However, her strange, blue eyes watched me carefully, guardedly. "The council consists of men and women who many go to so that any problems which may arise can be solved. Some of the council members also train people here," Helda paused, and her fingers skirted over a light blue curtain by the bedroom window. "A couple of them may visit later today, to ask you some questions, but you need not fear them. They have no intentions of harming you."

Helda went on to show me some bandages for my wounds, informed me that a nurse would also be paying a visit later tonight to look over me thoroughly and stayed for a little while, departing only when I assured her that I would be fine.

The closet inside of the bedroom held many clothes, some which I changed into after showering and bandaging where necessary. Nerves constantly pricked at my stomach when I finally stood in the doorway of the bedroom, exhaling through clenched teeth.

I could hear people outside of the house but was unable to understand what exactly they spoke of.

Warily, I walked to a window and managed to peer through it, catching sight of two men and women, their large dark hats obscuring most of their upper faces as they walked by, huddled close together, pace quick as the snow continued to heavily fall.