Chapter 1 Punishment

The light on the plane were blue and it was night. Lhong was almost asleep near the tiny window. The warm air and the silence were helpful since it was really difficult for Lhong to fall asleep lately...  even closing his eyes became something unacceptable and unbearable, the demons of his past were finally coming back... all at once. 

Lhong looked at the dark clouds outside, it was a peaceful night... but not for him

It's all your fault... you deserve this... 

Lhong's eyes widened in shock as it was the first time he heard those words

It's all your fault... I hope you enjoy your punishment

He was about to cry, he deserved those nightmares and he couldn't help but think about it, think about how many terrible deeds he committed... think about how much he deserved that living hell. 

you... monster

Lhong  shook his head and stood up, he slowly reached the toilet and locked the door. 

"It isn't real... it isn't real... it will end soon ...it will end soon"

He repeated this to calm himself down while washing his face. He placed his thin hands on the borders of the sink and looked at the mirror. 

It won't end

His eyes widened again, he stared for a moment at the image of Tar in the mirror, he saw him... again, Lhong ruined Tar's life...and now Tar, an imaginary version of Tar, was turning Lhong's life into an endless nightmare. 

Lhong stepped backwards and hit the wall of the restroom, it made a strange loud noise and an assistant noticed it. 

"Is everything alright sir?" he asked

"y... yes thanks..." Lhong answered after a minute.

He waited a few minutes and then he went out of that room that caused him so many problem. A few hours later he arrived in Germany. 

The airport was big and the air was cold. The starless night turned the sky into a black mass that looked like it was about to fall on his head. He called for a taxi and reached his sister's flat. Once again nobody cared about him, his sister just left a message

I'm sorry Lhong but I have an important meeting in Hamburg, Bye. 

"Will you ever care about me sis?" Lhong sighed and he reached the guest room. He let his bag on the bed and took off his clothes to take a bath. 

The water was warm and he started closing his eyes. He was so tired and he hoped that maybe a few days in Germany would have left the demons of Lhong's past quite for a while... unfortunately he was wrong

Lhong... is the water warm enough? Why don't you go deeper...and deeper... 

Lhong couldn't breathe anymore, it was like a weight on his head forced him to go deeper and deeper. The water was now covering his head and it was just a matter of seconds... live...or die. 

He came out, finally he could breathe... the water that was still falling from his head mixed with the tears that were coming out of his eyes like rivers of pain. He covered his face with his hands, nobody was there but he still felt that he needed to hide. 

He took a few pills and jumped onto the bed, he started sleeping, maybe the pills would have prevented more nightmares... probably not.