Chapter 6 The Cafe

Gulf succeded again, Lhong was waiting in front of the closed gate of the college, Gulf arrived and slowly reached him. It was a warm Sunday morning and Gulf was wearing jeans anda white t-shirt... but actually Lhong didn't know it until...

"HELLO LHONG" Gulf shouted when he silently arrived behind Lhong

"Shit... what...what's wrong with you!?" Lhong said shocked, he calmed down immediately after seeing Gulf's smile, was it even cuter than Tharn's smile? Wait why are we talking about Guòf's smile! We should talk about Lhong being depressed for God's sake!

"Come on it was a joke! Follow me, I'll take you to the most beautiful Cafe here in Berlin, I'm sure that you will love it" Gulf smiled again, Lhong didn't have enough time to reply that Gulf already greabbed his hand and started pulling him. 

They wlked for more or less 15 minutes and they finally arrived at a tiny Cafe, there were just a few tables and they sat down at a table near the window. Lhong was looking at the street outside when Gulf ordered. Gulf probably said something but Lhong wasn't listening at all. 

A few minutes later the waiter arrived with two dishes that placed on the table. 

"what is this?" Lhong asked as e saw the slice of cake in his dish

"Schwärzwalder Kirschtorte" Gulf replied while he was about to bite the small piece he took with the tiny fork in his hand. Lhong looked at him perplexed

"Schw...what?" 

"Black forest cake, it was the first cake I ate when I arrived here in Berlin, it was a difficult period for me but then everything became colourful after I ate the first piece, come on it's good!" Gulf answered smiling even more than before.

Lhong looked at him, the he stared at the slice for a moment, he ate a small piece of it, like to be sure it was even safe eating it. It was delicious. Gulf was right, everything became better, could a slice of cake do this? Or was it Gulf who made it possible. 

"Is it delicious Lhong?" Gulf asked as he finished his slice, Lhong didn't answer and continued eating, he wanted to look cold but at the end he smiled at him, yes he liked it, he liked that cake... 

Gulf rose his hand to pay but then Lhong looked at the waiter and said

"Die Rechnung bitte" Gulf looked at him surprised 

"Yesterday you wanted to die but you spent time to learn German?" Gulf asked

"I've been... here ... a few times with my sister so... I remember a few little sentences..." Lhong said looking at the empty dish in front of him.  Gulf smiled again and ruffled Lhong's hair. 

"hey!" Lhong paid and left the Cafe without waiting for Gulf who immediatly stood up following him. Lhong started walking outside when he suddenly stopped and looked behind him. 

"Why are you following me?" Lhong asked

"Our date isn't finished" He replied

"Date? This isn't a date..." Was Lhong sure about that or was he just trying to convince himself?