VIII. Ameliah

Elena and Caroline were in the woods. Elena is carrying a bag.

"Tell everyone I wasn't feeling well and I went home from school." Elena said.

"I cant believe I'm agreeing to this, I'm a terrible liar." Caroline frowned.

"And keep Stefan busy. I don't want him to know what I'm up to."

"I'm even worse at duplicity and you know this."

"You managed to keep me occupied when Amelia paid Stefan a visit." Elena frowned. Her friend wanted to help her ancestor with ruining her relationship.

"Yeah, because she threatened me. Not that I'm saying that you should use that as a tactic, it's...Stefan's gonna see right through me."

"Caroline, as my friend, do you promise or not?"

"You had to break out the girlfriend code. Okay. I promise."

"Okay." Elena smiled.

"Why dont you want Stefan to know?" Caroline asked.

"Because he would never be okay with me doing this." They go under the church ruins. They stop in front of the tomb's door.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, I'm sure. She's the only one who knows the truth about Klaus. The only one who can tell me how to stop him." Elena told Caroline. Caroline still wasn't sure.

"But you're asking for the truth from someone who's probably never giving it. Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah. I can't just sit back and wait. I have to know, Caroline. Please." Caroline goes towards the door and opens it. "Amelia?" Elena looks at Caroline. "I'll be okay from here."

They hear a noise. Elena turns her head and looks at the door entrance. Amelia arrives and stops at the entrance. "Hello  Elena, you come to see me wither away? Goodbye Caroline."

"As long as I stay on this side of the door, she can't hurt me. Please." Caroline looks at them and leaves.

"You came to bribe me? What is it that you want?"

"I want you to tell me about Klaus."

"Hmm, you've been busy."

"I also brought you this." Elena pulls out  a old book from her bag. "Its your family history. It says it ended with Katherine but that can't be true."

"You think that if you brought me some family keepsake that I'd open up?"

"I also bought your this." She takes a bottle of blood from the bag and shows it to Amelia. She rushes over towards Elena but she can't get out because of the spell. "You don't look so good. How long before your body shuts down? 10, 20 years? It must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine."

Amelia sits down on the floor. Elena puts some blood in a glass on the ground and pushes it towards her with a stick. She takes the glass and drinks. Her skin regains some of its color.

"You have the Petrova Fire" Amelia told her.

"More blood?"

Amelia puts the glass on the floor. Elena takes it.

"It's a long story, Klaus and I. It goes all the way back to 1001 AD, after I left my Kingdom around 500 years before that. Or was thrown out."

"Thrown out?" She passed the blood to Amelia.

"My family, your true ancestors, they disowned me. My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had been a witch. The shame."

"You kept it a secret?"

"Mhmm. I was given away. I was banished so I left and I had to learn to adjust. I quickly became good friends with Klaus in 1001 AD. Then they turned into Vampires, just like I turned myself 1500 years ago. Their mother, drew the life of the ancient white oak tree, just like I had. She drew the sun for life. I helped them life their life. Until 1492." Amelia told.

"What happend in 1492?"

"Katherine was also banished. She had a baby out of wedlock and it was given away. She came to England, where I currently was with Klaus. He tried using her for a sacrifice. But I helped her run away. She was my best friend. We were both banished, both had a baby, both ran away. So I helped her to run all these years."

"So what did Klaus want?"

"The same thing that he'll want from you. He wants to break the curse."

"By sacrificing the Petrova doppelgänger."

"He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from Katherine's body."

Elena gives Amelia more blood. "What does the Petrova blood line have to do with Klaus?"

" It's really tedious but..." Amelia drinks and crushes the cup. She has regained more of her color. "The curse was bound by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witches are crafty with their spells. The doppelgänger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell. Once the doppelgänger reappeared, the curse can be broken."

"So you ran before he killed you?" Elena concluded.

"Katherine did. I can't be killed."

---

"Rose never ended up taking her back to Klaus, did she?"

"No, but not because she had a change of heart."

----

"She killed herself?!"
"Klaus needed a human doppelgänger. As a vampire, she was no longer any use to him."

" But it didn't work. She didn't really escape, she's been running from Klaus ever since."

" I underestimated his spirit for vengeance but living in a suitcase is better than dying so you can have your blood spilled over some silly little rock." Elena looked at ease when Amelia said this. "What's wrong? Afraid I'm right? You don't want to die? There's another way out." Amelia cuts her wrist with her nail. She bleeds. "Better hurry. Your opportunity is going, going, going and gone. I made the other choice."

----

"Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because Katherine used them. Trevor just got killed." Elena looked distraught.

"I never thought he would last that long."

"You don't even care that you ruined their lives."

"I was looking out for myself, Elena. I will always look out for myself. If you're smart, you'll do the same." She turns away and opens the Petrova book. Amelia knew that  Klaus was coming. There was no turning back now.

----

Amelia has been with Elena for a while. Stefan showed up not long ago. He was trying to make it seem like she was lying.

"I domt want freedom Stefan. When Klaus comes, and he will, I'll be in this tomb that no vampire can enter, and I'll be the safest psychotic bitch in town." She turned away and strutted off, not without winking at Stefan.

A/N

Finally an update. Sorry it took so long. Hope you liked it. Keep giving feedback!.