IV. The Walk

Amelia and Stefan were walking around the Lockwoods land, side by side.

"The Lockwoods have a lot more land than they used to. The possessions from all the tomb vampires built them quite a fortune." Amelia said.

"Yeah, why did you want them dead? You're the one who turned most of them." Stefan asked. He was curious to know why Amelia would want to kill so many vampires.

"There is nothing worse than a vengeful vampire, Stefan. Just ask John Gilbert."

The former couple stopped walking suddenly.

"You haven't changed at all have you?" Stefan asked.

"But you have. You're stronger, meaner. Its sexy."

"Don't flirt with me Amelia. I'm not Damon; I haven't spent one hundred and forty five years obsessed with you."

"Yeah? Based on your choice of woman, I'd say otherwise. Though I'll admit, it does bother me you've fallen for someone else. Especially when, you know, it's a girl who looks just like me."

Amelia wasn't one to give up on people. She always got what she wanted whether the person wanted it or not. That's just who she was.

"I was never in love with you, Amelia. You compelled me. So none of my feelings were real."

"Believe what you want, Stefan. But I know the truth, and deep down, and deep down in that gorgeous body, so do you."

"The truth? Well the truth is, you're the same lying, selfish, manipulative bitch that you've always been. So, whatever it is that brought you here, why don't you just get on with it and leave town? Because if you don't, I will hunt you down and I will rip your heart out." Stefan said, not backing down.

"You want to know why I'm here, Stefan? I came back for you."

"Well the problem, Amelia, is that I hate you."

She takes an iron stem from the ground and stabs him in the stomach with it.

"You hate me, huh? That sound like the beginning of a love story, Stefan, not the end of one." She took the iron stem out his stomach and fled away.

----

Elena and Stefan are sitting in the Lockwood Yard, Elena cleaning off Stefan's wound from the iron stem Amelia put through his stomach.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, it will heal." Stefan said, nodding slowly.

"That's not what I meant."

"I was trying to figure her out. I was playing along and I let her get to me."

Damon shortly arrived.

"I tired to track them but they've gone. Oooh, cover up, Fabio."

Stefan pulled his shirt up.

"We've got two crazy ex's on the loose. You better watch out, looks like Amelia is trying to steal your guy."

"That's not what's happening." Stefan said.

"Isn't it? I mean it's only fair since I went after your girl." Damon said ignoring Amelia.

"I'm gonna go check on Jenna and Jeremy. Let me know when you guys are done" Elena said and left.

----

Damon walks into the living room of the Slavatore Boarding house and pours himself a drink. He starts to walk out but stops. "Very brave of you to come here." He turns his head to see both Amelia and Katherine on the couch.

"We wanted to say goodbye." Katherine said.

"Leaving so soon?"

"We know where we're not wanted." Amelia answered.

"Don't pout. It's not attractive on a woman your age. That's to both of you."

"Ouch." The girls said simultaneously.

Damon drinks his drink and starts to walk out of the room. Katherine and Amelia superspeed in front of him.

"What no goodbye kiss?" Katherine asked

The Petrova girls knew Damon always liked both Katherine and Amleia. Maybe Amelia a little more. So when Katherine offered a kiss, he immediately looked to the older Petrova and smirked.

"Why don't I kill you instead? What are you doing here?" He asked. He already had problems of his own to deal with and the two girls there just made everything harder for him.

"Nostalgia. Curiosity. et cetera." Katherine shrugged.

"I'm better at the enigmatic one-liners, Katherine. What are you up to?"

"Trust me Damon, when I'm up to something, you'll know it. Come on. Kiss me. Or kill me. Which will it be, Damon? We both know that you're only capable of one." Amelia spoke getting closer to his lips by the second. He walked away quickly before she sped in front of him, grabbed him by the throat and pushed him down. "My sweet, innocent Damon." Amelia kissed his neck before quickly switching places with Katherine. Amelia sped away from the scene.