Round Three

Picture of Zoe

-Zoe-

It has been a few days since the whole Cara thing and no one has been able to crack Her. My boss thinks it's best if I try and get something out of her sense she pitied me that day.

I walk down the halls and into our interrogation room. I sit down to find a very tired and messy Cara. She stares right at me with cold eyes.
"Please." I hear her whisper from under her breath, "please, just some meth or cocaine, I'll even settle for a cigarette but I need something." She begs. So she's a druggie. I move my chair farther in the table. She is handcuffed to the table and she is still in her sweatpants but instead of a sweatshirt she just has a bra.
"Where do you keep your hostages." I start. Cara groans and puts her head on the table.

I get a weird feeling in my stomach and I kind of want to comfort her.
No!
This is just me remembering when I went through withdraw before I was clean. I don't pity her. But... she is shaking.

I reach my hand out and take one of her hands handcuffed to the pole in the center of the table. At first she looks up at me stunned and scared, but then her expression softens and she holds my hand back.
"I need it." She whispers. I remember what my aunt taught me when I was going though with draw. I unlock one of Caras hands and immediately lock the handcuffs back to the pole so she can't make a move. I pull her arm towards me and I tap soft patterns across the inside of it.

Caras rigid breath turns more soft and her shaking becomes less violent. I continues to tap light patterns on the inside of her arm and she completely relaxes. She looks up at me and I just continue and avoid eye contact.

"How's the wound?" She asks. I finally make eye contact with her.
"Better, you didn't get me to deep and it should be completely healed within a little less than a month." I answer.
"I'm sorry about stabbing you or whatever." Cara says while watching my fingers dance across her wrist. I scoff and continue to focus on my finger tapping trick. We both stay mesmerized for awhile just sitting in silence.

***

After awhile I teach Cara a few breathing exercises and my boss walks in. I stand up and do our gangs sign towards him out of respect.

No one knows his names but we just call him boss, he's on the bigger side and he's old but still could take down any of us. He sits down in the chair I was sitting and I wait off in the corner.

"I see you got her to stop babbling." He notices.
"Yes boss." I say.
"You didn't give her any drugs did you." He asks. I open my mouth to speak but Cara seems to be in the talkative mood.
"I wish you motherfuckers would. But no." She answers. The boss raises his eyebrows.
"She talks now?" He turns to me and looks me up and down in a inquisitive way. I feel nervous whenever the boss or someone with a higher rank looks at me, I feel like I'm not worthy enough.
"Good work miss Holden." He says to me, "you should expect a ranking upgrade soon." I nod towards him and he gets up, leaving the room. Once the door shuts I faintly smile and sit back down. Until I meet Caras cold eyes and my smile drops.
"Where do you keep your hostages." Cara sighs and leans back in her chair. The handcuffs jingle as she just stares at the ceiling

"At the broken down zoo downtown." She actually told me. I feel all giddy inside but it's probably because I just completed my mission. I get up and walk to the communication panel.
"Downtown, broken down zoo." I say. The panel turns green which means our 'detectives' recurved the message. The gang calls them detectives because they try and figure things out but really they have no training. I don't run back to Cara who is still staring at the ceiling.
"My dads gonna be pissed at me." She says. She's being vulnerable? "Ugh I shouldn't have told you... fuck you! I hate you. You freaking snuck into my party and now I'm in this shit."
I feel my stomach jerk.
"I guess we don't break as easily as you Snakes." I say. Instead of getting mad at me and making me want to pity her less, she laughs.

Annoyed I get up and walk out of the room. But my chest tightens when I close the door. I freeze. Why is my anxiety happening now? I must just be sick. I stay frozen though. I can't leave, she will get hurt if I'm not there. Or she will leave and I won't know where she is. I hear Rachel's voice calling me back out of my thoughts.
"Hey, Zoe! Come on. The meds have probably made you a little drowsy. Let's get you back to you bed." That's it! It's the stupid medication they put me on that's making my anxiety sky rocket, not that bitch Cara. Rachel takes my hand and helps lead me to my room. The farther away I get the more my chest tightens.

Once we get to my room I sit down on my couch with Rachel and we turn on the television. The show distracts me from the real world and I chose to focus on that for awhile. Just relaxed and calm.