Knockout

-Cara-

Why did I tell them! When did I tell them! Ugh... I fucked up. I smack my head against the table. Everything hurts. If I had weed or something I would be able to lie and keep it a secret. I hear the door open and I lift my head up hoping it's Zoe with more ways to help this. But it's some random dude, I think he was one of the ones that brought me in while Zoe was bleeding. His name is some Thing like Jim. He sits down with a serious look on his face.
"Hey cutie~" I tease. His expression doesn't change. Weird, usually the promise of sex gets me out of everything.
"Why did you help Zoe." He says. So that's what this is about. I roll my eyes.
"Felt like it." I answer. He keeps staring at me. I sigh and rest my head on the table again.
"What did you do to her?" He asks. What does he mean? I lift up my head with my brows furrowed.
"We found her brother a few days after you told us where him and the others were, but even now her separation anxiety is through the roof. She seems to always want to be near your door. Did you take someone else?" What is he talking about.
"Maybe she just hates me and wants to make sure I rot in here." I say. Maybe that's true, but maybe she just wants to help me with this fucking disease that I have without drugs.
"I'm going to let her in, and I'm going to watch your interactions." He states.
"Whatever." I huff. He gets up and opens the door. Zoe steps in and sits down. Jim leans against the corner and watches us.

"Hey..." she says.
"Hey..." I reply. Zoe must have noticed my shaking and sweat because she unlock one of my hands and taps down my wrist. I take a few deeps breaths and relax a little. Jim looks confused.
"Feel better?" She asks. I smile at her. How the hell does she do that.
"How's your stomach?" I ask.
"Better, still kills sometimes but the medication I'm on helps mostly."
"Can I have some of whatever your taking." I joke and Zoe laughs.

"What the hell is this." Jim says. Zoe looks up at him scared.
"We are talking you prick, could you just let us talk." I snap at him. He walks over to Zoe and grabs her arm.
"Come on baby." He says trying to pull her up.
"Don't call me that. I told you it's over." She replies pulling her arm back.
"That's an order." He says. Zoe starts to stand but then I start to protest.
"Hey dip-shit," he looks at me, "when I get out of her, my entire gang will be told to kill you specifically." Jim scowls at me and drops Zoe's arm. She sits back down.
"Has your anxiety really gotten bad? Isn't your brother back?" I ask. She looks up at me, her eyes widened.
"Who told you that?" She asks. I nod towards the door that Jim just walked out of. Zoe sighs, "of course he did." I use my not locked up hand to take hers. She looks up at me. "We are supposed to hate each other." She says. I look her up and down bitting my lip.
"I know." I say. She stays staring at me and I keep staring at her. "And... I have no idea why it's so damn hard for me not to hate you... but I just want to stay like this for awhile." I admit. It's not like me to act like this b hurt something about her makes me content.

Suddenly Zoe takes out her keys and unlocks my other hand. I look at her stunned. I stand up. She hands me a bat from the corner of the room.
"Knock me out, then run. There is a window at the end of the hall when you exit this room. No ones on shift now, so you shouldn't be chased after."
"I'm not going to knock you out!" I counter.
"We have to make it look real." She argues. I sigh and she cuffs he hands to the table throwing the key far away. "Just promise me no more drugs." She says. I sigh and nod my head. I hold up my bat and bring it down to the side of her head. She drops out cold. I check her breath and pulse and she's still alive. I run out the door with the bat and crash through the window.

I drop into a pile of bushes and start running. I eventually reach the local library and drop the bat outside. I run inside and ask to use the phone. The lady at the counter looks at my messy sweatpants and bra and nods suspiciously. I take the phone and call my dad. He picks up.

"Hey daddy, please come to the library. I'm scared." I say.

"You bitch! They found the hostages thanks to you! You know how to get home! Now get here immediately!"

He hangs up. I take a few deep breaths and then call a taxi. This is going to suck.