There was a knock on Jay's slightly agape door forcing it open a little more.

"Yes?" Jay asked grouchily.

His bedroom door swung open hitting the wall and burst into his room was the head of the dance team, Jasmine, an old flame, came running in.

"Jay! I heard what happened today at practice! Did you catch whoever the fuck did it!?" Jasmine exclaimed, thrusting herself into his arms.

'Get her off of us!' The wolf howled at him in disgust.

Jay ignored him, trying to focus on the gorgeous woman on his lap. 'Just because I found my mate doesn't mean I needed to bring everything in my life to a halt. I don't even know the girl, and she doesn't know me.'

'Only you would be that fucking selfish.' His wolf argued.

Jay was going to answer him, and tell him humans and wolves had different ways of communicating and connecting in relationships and Sydney was human as well as the fact they had just found Sydney today; but Jay wasn't really sure what he wanted at that moment as Jasmine pressed closer.

"Unfortunately, they got away."

"How!? You guys are wolves underneath these human shells of ours."

Jay winced at this conversation again. It was one of the many things that made Jasmine an ex. She too was in the pack, but Jasmine always found a way to juice out their wolf abilities or outright cheat. She always used their wolf abilities to get what she wanted or use it as an excuse to get her out of any situation.

She also stood by her stance to why humans were 'ugly', they had now wolf in them. While Jasmine and the pack had wolf blood rushing through their veins. The werewolves were a part of nature and because they are part nature they had natural beauty in their blood.

"They got a head start, and we didn't want to raise any suspicions. That'd be a bad way to end our last year here, and not a good way for me to get on my father's good side."

"Do you know who threw the balloons at the team?" Jasmine asked with a pointed glare, but then leaned forward to delicately press a kiss to Jay's throat "Because if you want I could handle to issue," another kiss closer to his collarbone.

Jay's eyes fluttered shut and he tilted back as his mind filled with the image of Sydney straddling his lap.

"Jay?" Jasmine's now too high of a voice-'when did her voice become annoying?'-asked.

"Err...No.No, there is no need to deal with the issue. They were human though." Jay gave her a small answer and pulled away from her.

"Oh. But see! I always tell you guys humans are no good. They are weak and so dependent on us to get their work done. And then they don't even appreciate what we do, for the school, or even the town." She sighed once she was finished with her tirade and looked away from Jay towards the window overlooking the forest his family owned.

'Talk about my mate one more time and see what happens!' His wolf yelled even though it was only heard by Jay.

Jay restrained him and changed the subject.

"So...why are you here?" He asked pulling away, slightly uncomfortable.

'It got uncomfortable when we found our mate...Sydney's gorgeous.' The wolf basked in the small memory of seeing her in the forest.

"Can't I just come here to see my attractive soon to be alpha?" Jasmine bit her lip as her black hair haloed around her biceps when she leaned closer to Jay. One of her hands skimmed over his solid chest causing him to shiver--and for once, not the good kind.

Before Jay could respond Jasmine pulled away and grabbed the purple phone from beside him. "Who's is this?" Jasmine asked a slight edge in her voice.

"A girls'." Jay answered simply. "I think it might of been one of the cheerleaders practicing on the field, accidently dropped it in my bag."

Jasmine snapped her eyes from Sydney's phone back to Jay.

"I know that you idiot, I meant I thought we were a thing-"

"Jasmine you know I've never been for that whole settling down thing." He said sounding cold.

'We are only going to settle down for our mate.'

'When did we come to that agreement?'

A growl radiated through Jay's head painfully. 'The second we laid eyes on her.'

"No. I asked for exclusi-"

"Jasmine I'm alpha. Whatever I say goes. We agreed in the beginning that we weren't going to have feelings with each other, one day I would find my mate and so would you."

"You know what Jay, you're a fucking jerk."

Jay released a dominate growl. "You don't talk to your alpha that way."

"We're done Jaycen! You hear me? Done! I never want to see your face again!" Jasmine yelled before stomping out of his room.

Sighing, Jay knew that could have gone over better. He glanced around his simple room. The clock on his side table read nine fifty-seven so he decided to call it a night, but first he would shower and rinse off the afternoon drama and workout.

Jay's head was hammering from thoughts about his possible human mate and a pissed off Jasmine as the water sprinkled down and washed over his hazelnut skin.

'Um...not possible. Our POSITIVE human mate.' His wolf thought.

Painfully exhausted, Jay did not reply, but finished washing his hair and body, then proceeded to turn the sleek handle to the shower off. Wicking the moisture off his skin and drying his hair the best he could, he pulled on boxers then finally moved to lay down on his bed. Jay turned the lights off and grabbed Sydney's phone from the bunched up dark blue sheets of his bed and clicked Sydney's phone on. Staring at her picture Jay studied every feature of her body till he drifted into a deep sleep. There, Jay's thoughts were consumed by his beautiful Sydney.