She didn't have time to react when her body flew, covered in her own blood, broken bones, she stayed like that until people saw her and called the ambulance. 

What a pathetic life I've had.

And with that, Lihua closed her eyes as she breathed her last.

...

'Hello? Lihua?'

Lihua groaned as she woke up. She had a splitting headache as she sat upon a white bed.

'Where am I?'

'You're in a time freeze?'

'In what?'

'Hold on, let me explain.'

'Go on.'

'Basically, you're dead.'

'Oh really? I couldn't tell.'

'But you're not fully dead.'

'Continue.'

'I'm a system.'

'Like in those novels?'

'...Yes.'

'Alright.'

'Do you-Do you know what I am?'

'I guess so?'

'I'll explain it further for you.'

'I'm a system which chooses a host every millennium. There are many systems around the universe, each of which focuses on different things. I picked you because you are a very capable person Lihua. I hope that you can work with me so that I can get promoted.'

'Can I ask a question?'

'Of course.'

'What do you specialise in?'

'That... is a good question.'

'So?'

'Well... I'm a bit different.'

'Different you say?'

'I'm a relatively new system compared to the other ones, so I don't have a set task.'

'What would happen if I don't want to participate in this?'

'You'll just die and stay like that. But if you do help me out then I can give you another chance at your depressing life.'

'Eh, I don't have anything to do anyway, why not?'

'Thank you Lihua. Can I call you Host?'

'Depends, you have to tell me your name first.'

'I don't have a name.'

'Can I give you one?'

'...Sure.'

'Can I see you first?'

A small cute creature popped out of thin air and looked at Lihua. Lihua was shocked for a moment before she smiled at it.

"I'll call you Arlo alright?"

"Okay!"

The cute creature went towards Lihua and sat on her lap. She gently patted its head while it started smiling.

[My host is very kind, I hope we can get through this.]

Lihua stared at the wall, thinking of what happened after she died. She looked at Arlo, then asked, "When do we start these missions?"

"Whenever you want to Host."

"What do I have to do?"

"That depends."

"So that means I have no clue about what I have to achieve?"

"Yes."

"Your soul will go into the body and take over."

"Alright. Will you be with me in these missions?"

"I won't be able to communicate with you all the time, maybe when you're stuck in a situation that you can't get out of but, I will always be in your head." Lihua nodded at Arlo. 

Before she died, Lihua would read a lot of novels in her free time, it would help her feel less lonely. Most of the time the antagonist would have everything they needed, but just for the sake of a person, they lost everything.

Lihua decided that if she did become the villainess in the world, she will avoid the main characters and if she can't, well, then she'll just try not to be their enemy.

"Host, are you ready?" She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"As ready as I'll ever be Arlo." 

As soon as she said that she fell unconscious.