Midnight Excursion

Dinner wasn't an affair he participated in. He skittered around the room he was set up in, cautiously listening to the chatter outside the door.

During his search through the room he found an extra blanket set up in the closet. It had been difficult with it (unfortunately) being up too high, but after a stupid amount of time trying to quietly hop as high as possible to reach it, he succeeded. The tall dresser was hard to lift, and he for the most part was on his knees shimmying the blanket further beneath the dresser till it no longer touched the bare ground, thus making pushing it in front of the door at night easier.

(He'd tried it with Mori when he was younger. No one thought odd of it for him to come into his room late at night back when he was little, Mori was a doctor and Dazai was his volatile patient... no amount of stuff piled against the door kept him out.

He started keeping a blade hidden beneath his pillow...

He never did have the courage to use it though.)

Frankly he doubted anyone would have difficulty getting in. They all had such diverse quirks, little to nothing kept them out. He hated that a lot.

After eating though and a few hours of socializing, they were all in bed on another floor. With some stress alleviated from the quiet that'd befallen the building, he began to ponder the idea of coming out to explore.

The building was tall and vast, he knew that much, but otherwise he hadn't much seen the place, and was left much in the dark as to the layout and where he was and wasn't meant to go.

He didnt care, frankly, where he was allowed to go, but it'd still be nice to know what rules he was breaking.

Pushing the dresser away from the door, soundless as he had hoped, he carefully made his way out of the room into the dark hall. It was surprisingly tidy for a building occupied by a bunch of teenagers, though he did here someone yelling about collecting garbage earlier in the evening.

Hand lightly brushing against the door frame, he leant forward and began to traverse as quietly as possible, the only noise he made was the subdued click of his crutches against the thickly carpeted floor.

Approaching what looked to be a living room, given what the moonlight shining in allowed his adjusted eyes to see, he warily hobbled forwards.

It was empty, blankets neatly folded and resting on the backs of the couches, table tidy and without stray objects atop.

The carpets were well vacuumed, likely done before he'd arrived that afternoon, and the moonlight shining through the windows caught no dust on the windows.

It was immaculate, oddly, for a place inhabited by teenagers.

Stepping forward quietly, he deposited his crutches gently against the wall, and peeked towards the dining room.

The chairs were all pushed in and only one stray napkin sat on the table and not in the divider. Looking to the left he spotted a large floor to ceiling window with patio doors leading to a deck, near the place he entered. He pondered for a moment if leaving right now would be wise, if he could make it, escape this building and rest of the campus before some form of security system made his lack of presence known, but he brushed the idea aside. It was unrealistic, this wasn't some second rate gang or poorly manage faction, it was a government run facility, and while in the past that hadn't been an issue, there was the heightened fears of the school being attacked by the league of villains again, and he himself was under close government supervision. The only reason he was still alive was his connection to Ango and the usefulness of his ability.

Turning to enter the kitchen, the clank of kitchen ware and amused giggles caught his ear. Freezing, he squinted into the darkness, eyes finding two forms.