Prologue

My name is Abigail Ackerman, I'm 18 years old and I live in Santa Monica, California with my dad, Steve and his girlfriend Monica. My mom died when I was 10 from a heart attack. At first , I was really deppresed and my self-esteem went really low. I wouldn't go and play with my friends, I wouldn't study and I couldn't sleep at nights. I would always get picked on, I used to be one of the must funniest girls but "for some reason" I changed. And that reason was my mom. People would go and make fun of me but Cameron always stould up for me. Cameron has been like the big brother I never had. We have known each other for as long as I remember.

After my mom died his mom, Ellen, kind of took care of me for a few months and thought me things only women can. In that time, my relationship with Cameron grew stronger. Sometimes, even people would confused us with us been siblings, but I don't know why. He is tall, skinny , wears glasses and is a high honor student, people would often called him a nerd, until they saw how amazingly he played sports, especially basketball. On the other side, I'm blonde, a little tanned with blue eyes and I was always the tallest girl in class. I really like surfing, I feel like is the only place where I can relax and forget  about the world.

When I turned 14, I told my dad he should try to be happy again and after a few months later he found Monica, a woman 8 years younger than dad, brunette and really tanned with green eyes. At first, I wasn't so sure about her, but then I started to look at the way they both stared at each other and I noticed that life can go on. And maybe he can be happy again. And maybe I can too.

Heyyy guys
I hope you liked the introduction and don't forget to comment and vote.
Love,
-Lourdes