Chapter 9

I run downstairs to greet Monica. I find her on the kitchen drinking water.

-"Mon", I say and hug her.

-"So.. tell me what happened with the boy?", she asks and I laugh.

-"Well is not Josh what's bothering me right now", I say

-"What is it then?"

-"Let's go to my room", I say. Maybe my dad wakes up and I don't want him hearing anything. I enter my room and I see that I felt the TV on.

-"Isn't that...", Mon asks as we both sit down on my bed

-"Fetus Josh? Yes it is", I say and Monica chuckles lightly.

-"Anyways", I say as I get more comfortable in the bed, "I was supposed to go with dad for dinner but I completely forgot because I was hanging with Josh. When I grabbed my phone I had a million texts and calls and I remmebered."

-"So are you and Josh a thing now?", Monica asks grinning. I feel myself blush as I shyly nod.

-"Oh my god Abi", she says and I laugh, she's such a drama queen.

-"Anyways dad is probably gonna be mad won't he?"

-"Probably not, anyways when will you tell him that you guys are dating?", she says. I don't know. I never thought about it until now.

-"I don't know really. Soon"

-"So if your dad asks you were out with a friend okay?", Monica says and I hug her.

-"Thank you so much", I say. Monica has changed my life for the better. At first I though she was gonna try to be a replacement for my mom, but instead she became my sister. I really don't know what I would so without her.

                             --------------

I'm up on my feet by 5 am. I don't know how I could wake myself up. After texting with Josh yesterday, we agreed I would pick him up and take him to the airport. I dress in a black crop top, a high waisted short, black boots, and a black and white tribal cardigan. I put some makeup on, then grab my keys and phone and walk downstairs. I quickly make myself some coffee and toasts before getting on my car. I'm almost halfway when my phone vibrates. I stop at a red light and pick it up. Its Josh: " u coming? :*". " On my way. I'll be there in 10'", I reply before the light turns green again.

I pull my car in his parking and press the car horn a few times for him to know I'm here. Almost immediately, he appears closing the door behind him. He is wearing shades, a black beanie and is only carrying the Nike duffle we packed yesterday. He opens the passenger door and gets inside.

-"Hey", I greet him.

-"Good morning. Thanks for the ride", he says as he leans in and kisses me fastly.

-"Its nothing", I say before stepping on the gas and driving away.

                                  -----------

Once we parked on the airport's parking and walked toward the gates he speaks:

-"Are you gonna fix your things with your dad later right?"

-"Yeah, don't worry about it now", I say and lean in so his lips meet mine

-" I need to get going. Anyways thanks a lot Abi", he says

-"Got a ride back home?", I ask him

-"No, actually I don't have one"

-"Then I'll drive you", I say and he leans in to kiss me again, but only for a short time because we suddenly see a flash