Chapter 26: Wedding Day

Chapter 26: The Wedding

Emalia's POV

I open my eyes and peak around my room which is lightened by the shallow stream of light shining through the crack in the curtains. I don't want to get up. I know it'smy wedding day today, but I'm still tired and I just want to sleep.

Then all of a sudden my bedroom door bursts open and in walks Rosie followed by Evangeline and a few other women. I gasp, feeling like they're invading my privacy and didn't even ask if they could come and stomp all over my space in this house.

"Umm, Rosie? What's all this?" I try not to sound so dulled and bored by my situation, even though I'd give anything to be anywhere else at this moment.

"Well, we are setting up the things we will bneed to prepare you for your wedding this afternoon, of course. Why else would we be barging into your room at such an early hour? Certainly you do not think that we are doing this because we feel like it. Well, not matter, whether or not you think we are, we certainly are not. We are just wanting to get you prepared for your very special day and I will have a meeting alone with you after to get you prepared for your wedding night and tell you what will be happening then."

I nod my head, knowing that she win't continue unless I give her some indication that I havelistened to her ramblings. "Alrighty, we willl soon get started so you must get out of bed and into the tub for a washing and a cleansing of your soul and spirit for such an honorable occasion as this one."

I reluctantly get out of my inviting, warm bed and make my way towards the bathing room where I discard my night clothes and sit in the tub. The water is warm and it feels nice against my skin. Although it doesn't last very long because Rosie comes in and starts yammering for the two other ladies to start scrubbing me until I am near death and black and blue and red all over.

"Ouch! That hurts you know, that is skin right there that you are so viciously scrubbing," I rub my arm, feeling the sting from the scrubbing brush the thin lady was scrubbing me with. "Do you have to scrub so hard? Can't you scrub me clean softer than that? If you don't then you'll surely scrape all my skin off before I am married and my husband gtes me tonight. He surely won't thank you for scrubbing all my skin off before he gets a chance to touch it!" I scream at her, feeling less and less happy on what is supposed to be the happiest day of my life.

When they are finished scrubbing me, they instruct me to stand and they dump a bucket full of hot water over my head and then a second bucket of ice cold water over my head. I hear a loud, tourturous wail echoing around the room and the hall just outside the door before I realize that it is my own wail, a wail of tourture from being doused with such frigid water.

"Must you douse me with such blasted freezing water!? You are a sour mongrel, do you know that? Are you aware that you are taking the joy out of my very special day?!"

"Do not yell or pick a fight with us, madam, it is only our orders from Rosie. This is the cleansing ritual to make sure that you will stay clean until tonight when your husband will have you all to himself. Trust us, we know what we are doing, your beauty will last all day with this ritual, we are sure of it."

"And are you saying, by those words, that I will be ugly tomorrow? Because surely if you are saying such hateful, angry words and if it's true then my husband will want me for one night and never again after that!"

"Trust me, he will want you after, long after and you will wish that he didn't."

"How can you say such dasted things? I love him and he loves me. He won't hurt me, he will always desire me and I him!" I continue my ranting yells.