Chapter 4: Scrap Up

Derrick's POV

2:10pm - 80 minutes before school ends at 3:30.

Last period. I gotta admit, I'm tired of school already. A lot of the people in my classes seem lit so I'm chillin' in that department. Still ain't see that Jae girl.

I looked at my schedule revealing the name of my next class. Chemistry. I love chemistry. Even back in Jacksonville, I did. I fuck with how everything works, and it's always been easy for me.

I stepped inside the class, looking around at the environment as I saw an old white guy who was the teacher sitting at his desk, so I walked over to him:

"Hi....Uh. I'm Derrick Daniels. I'm new to this school." I said to him with my hands on my backpack straps.

"Daniels... Daniels... aha!" He said going down his attendance list. "I see you here!"
He said making a quick note on his computer.

I looked from my peripheral vision and I saw a female staring at me. Ever since I walked up I felt her staring at me. I don't know if she likes me but oh well.

"Welcome to my class Mr. Daniels!" He said loudly. "Feel free to find any empty seat you feel like. Glad to have you in my class."

"Thank you sir." I said softly as I turned around to look for a chair.

Loud ass teacher... When I turned around I saw a few girls in the back of the class look at me and start to smile as they did. I smiled back and they turned around and went back to their normal conversation like I didn't just smile back. Rude ass bitches.

I found an empty seat near the back, a few desks away from the group of girls. I took off my backpack, setting it by my legs as I rested my head on the table because nigga I was TIRED.

27 Minutes Later

I felt tapping on my back as I woke up from my mini nap. I picked my head up slowly as I saw the quiet class all sitting, some with heads down as the teacher was in the front teaching. I looked right with my squinted eyes seeing Jaelyn sitting right next to me smiling with my phone in her hand.

     "Your phone slipped out of your pocket heh heh." She said sounding friendly smiling at me. "Here I got it."

NOOOOO! I got dry spit across the side of my mouth and a pool of spit on my desk. God really be fuckin' wit' a nigga for real! This is the first time I met this girl and I look disgusting. That's crazy.

     "Oh, my bad." I said as I wiped the spit off the side of my mouth and covered the spit pool with my hand smoothly. "Thank you so much. If I broke that shit.....momma woulda been on my ass." I said jokingly.

      "It's cool." She hands the phone to me smiling, and I took it with my other hand.

     "You followed me on the gram right?" She whispered to me as she looked at my hair.
Was something wrong with it? Did It get dirty? Why was she staring that hard?

     "Yeah, I did. You followed me too right." I asked, slightly shifting my body in her direction.

     "Mhm..." She says making eye contact with me as her head rested in her hand.

She was so cute for real. Her hair was in a slicked-back ponytail, clean face, her lips were freshly glossed and she had a cool outfit on.

     "Yeah I was-" I said before I heard a loud thud coming from outside.

Everyone in the class stopped moving, along with the teacher. Me and Jaelyn both looked outside and we saw two bodies flying around in the small window along with the sound of loud skids on the ground