Chapter 3: New Friends

Derrick's POV

I looked at a picture of my schedule on my phone closely. My dumbass took this picture in the dark I can barely see shit to be honest.

"Let's see here... English, room 125." I mouthed to myself looking up at all the different wings of the school that kids were going in and out of.

I walked to the English wing, I could tell it was English just because of the nice-ass handmade sign right in front of the hallway. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time, 8:29. I speed-walked through the hallway looking at all the doors and teachers in front of them.

"125...125...125" I mouthed as I looked through all the door signs. "Fuck it. Let me ask someone." I thought...

"Excuse me, miss..." I said to a short lady in front of a door who I assumed was a teacher. "Where is room 125?"

"Okay, so you are gonna go down this hallway right here, turn right, and it's the middle class. It has stained windows." She replied using her hand gestures to show the turns and moves.

"Thanks, Miss." I said as I walked in that direction.
Just then, the bell started to ring and I saw people entering the classes along with the teachers posted in front of them. I walked into the class with like 75% of the class sitting down focused on each other. The teacher was standing near the door from the inside.

"Hi! You're the new student right?" The teacher said holding his hand out to me. It was a bald black guy wearing a flannel shirt. Nigga was tall as fuck too.

"Yeah, I'm Derrick. Hi sir." I said shaking his hand.

"Hey Derrick, so we're gonna do a little reading discussion today. You don't need to do anything right now. Just watch how the class works." He said. "Your table is right there." He said pointing to a table with a boy and a girl.

I walked over to the table noticing the boy first. He was a boy wearing a blue Italia Polo shirt with black skinny jeans and Motorsport 4s. He looked kinda skinny and a 20 wall in his mouth. His most interesting feature was definitely his hair. He had long, freeform wicks. They stuck up in all different directions but they looked so hard. I then focused on the girl who was sitting across from us. She was a bad lil' mama, had braces, a babyface, wearing light blue skinny jeans, white forces, and had on a Tommy Hilfiger shirt. It was the same girl who accidentally pushed me over earlier. I made my way to the table and sat down by the boy.

"Oh shit! you was that one girl that pushed me over just earlier," I said laughing.

"Oh my god shut up!" She said as she started laughing "I got pushed into you!"

"Damn Crystal, you outchea' pushin' niggas down now." The boy said.

"And if I were to come over there and slap yo' annoying ass, I'd be wrong right?" The girl said seriously to him.

I laughed as I watched them argue back and forth. I could tell the boy was silently flirting with her so just to be annoying I said, 

"Ayo y'all date?" I asked both of them, as they looked at me and at each other silently.

"Shiddd sum' like that woe." He said to me smiling, showing his golds.

"So when you wanna get slapped now or later?" She asked him angrily. "Because it's what... 8:35 in the fuckin' morning and you already pissing me off La'Shaun. Tighten the fuck up nigga."

"You mad ova' a damn joke. Vibe bih." The boy said laughing. "We ain't even introduce ourselves to the new nigga yet!"

"Oh yeah. I'm Derrick." I said holding my hand out for him to shake it. "I moved here from Duval like a week ago."