Chapter 2: The New Boy

Jaelyn's POV

"Girl, what you sittin' there smilin' 'bout?" My bestfriend Crystal said as she smiled at me looking at my phone while we walked on the sidewalk to school.

"Nothin..." I said looking up from my phone and at her giggling. "Mind ya business!"

Me and this cute ass nigga named Derrick followed each other. I seen him followin' my friends and shit. He from Duval but I seen on his story that he was in Palm Beach. I guess he moved here and he coming to our school. I hope he not cuffed and if he ain't I hope he not a thot and he'll break my heart. I'm tired of those niggas.

"Best, not another nigga..." Crystal said looking away from me and straight ahead. "What I tell you?"

"What you mean?!" I said putting my phone down, my smile fading.

"Bitch you just got outta' toxic ass relationship now you tryna look for another nigga?" Crystal said to me seriously. "You was with me crying your eyes out after you found out he been cheatin'. These niggas ain't shit. I don't want you to go through that shit again."

"Crystal not EVERY nigga is like that." I said trying to reason with her "Some ain't shit and some are good. How you think some people have relationships that last years?!"

"No all niggas wanna do is fuck, tell everyone about it and kick you to the side." Crystal would sigh, getting serious. "You been in a lot of toxic-ass relationships and I don't want you to feel that again! Take a break from niggas damn!"

"Okay first of all, who you yellin' at?" I would say playfully. "Besides I'm not even looking to get into another relationship right now... I just saw a cute nigga. He a brown-skin, dreadheaded, cute nigga. That's it!"

"You and these damn dreadheads! Dreads so ugly to me. Especially those ugly ass wicks that that only niggas from here do." She said trying to joke."All jokes aside, all I'm doing is looking out." Crystal says frowning at me.

"Nah but for real, I know and that's why I love you CC! You always lookin' out for me." I said calmly, wrapping my arms around her and kissing her all over the cheek. "And dreads not ugly shut up!"

"Girl, I am strictly dickly. Stop bein' gay!" Crystal said loudly laughing at me.

"No first I'm finna stick a strap in yo' fine ass baby girl." I said to her, trying to sound like a nigga.

"You gay!" Crystal said, laughing at me running towards the school.

I would start chasing her, ready to start dry humping her when I caught up to her. I love this bitch so much. We been best friends since 2nd grade when she moved here from Miami. She is a really smart girl. She be caring about me and our education and shit. I really appreciate it. I'm trying to be a nurse when I graduate I just don't have motivation for school, she constantly pushes me though. Always there when I have boy problems not to mention the good advice she always gives me. She a bad lil' bih too. She scared of getting her heart broken that's why she doesn't have a nigga. She wanna vibe with the person and learn all about them for at least a year. If you ask me, that's a waste of time but she high-class and she don't want her heart broken so I respect it.

"Girl stop." Crystal says as she stops for breath.
I would fall back directly behind her, slapping her ass as I giggled. Just as I slapped it, we would hear loud music from behind us, as we turned around we saw a custom Lexus painted purple and green.

"They aggravating." I would say as I looked back at the car then forward and kept walking alongside Crystal.

"Don't say shit to 'em when they pull up." Crystal said quietly without moving her head.