6 November, Wednesday 19:33

Britt and I are already at the cafe, waiting for Robbe and Noor to arrive. They are late, so we took it upon ourselves to order fries for the table. I take a fry and dangle it in front of her mouth, making it seem like I'm feeding one to her, but quickly eat it before she can take a bite. I get a disapproving look from her and I can see she doesn't find it as funny as I do.

I see Noor and Robbe outside the cafe window and tap Britt to show her. From the looks of it they are fighting, and it's a bad one. Britt and I stare in silence at the scene in front of us. Robbe waves his arms angrily and it looks like Noor is going to cry. Is he breaking up with her, or what?

"I think I should go outside and talk to her," Britt says as Noor walks away.

"Yeah, I'll talk to Robbe," I reply.

I walk over to Robbe while Britt runs after Noor. I look at him and can see that he fucked up. We stare blankly at Britt and Noor hugging and see them walking away. The atmosphere is awkward and I think of a way to lighten the mood.

"Ground control to Major Tom. Circuit dead, there's something wrong," I sing for Robbe. He stares at me in confusion and I lift my eyebrows in response. He hangs his head and I can see he is upset.

"I think you need a drink," I say as I usher him inside.

Wow, this is not how I expected the night would go, but I'm grateful that we're alone. I order two beers and hand one to Robbe, but he stares sadly into the glass. I don't know how to make him feel better and I sit there silently praying for an idea to come. Nothing, absolutely nothing comes to mind...