3 November, Sunday 11:33

"Sander, go set the table. Your cousins are arriving at 12," my mother commands. I'm an only child and my two cousins are like my sisters.

"Yes, mum," I yell.

She's making croques for the family and I think of the day I made one for Robbe. I can't do this anymore, I have to see him again. All I need is an excuse... The double date? Yes, I can suggest the double date to Noor again! I place the plates and cutlery, making sure everything is perfect.

"Wow, the table looks lovely!" My mother exclaims. I place a vase of flowers in the centre and stare at my masterpiece.

"I think Elise and Ella should meet Britt. You've been dating for 6 months and the twins are desperate to meet her. Do you want to give her a call?" My mother asks.

"No!" I say firmly. I need some space, I've spent a whole week with her and need some time for myself.

"Ok... Fine..." she says a little hurt. I give a sympathetic smile and hug her.

"Another time. She should spend the weekend with her family since she has been gone for a whole week. Don't you agree?" I ask my mum.

"I suppose you are right. The twins are going to be disappointed, though!" She laughs and I join her.

Elise and Ella are twins, but not identical. Elise is tall with dark hair and Ella is short with blonde hair. They have the same round face, though. They are 17 and live in Brugge, so I don't see them that often. The doorbell rings and I run my hands through my hair. My mother opens the door and the two girls almost trample her to death.

"Sander! Sander, we missed you!" Their shrieks fill the house. I lift Ella and spin her around and give Elise a kiss on the cheek.

We sit down and enjoy the croques and I tell them stories about the week at the beach. They listen to every word I say and giggle at my jokes. After we have finished eating the croques we go to my room. My mother stays in the kitchen to clean the mess.

"When will we meet your girlfriend?" Elise whines.

"Yeah, are you scared we will embarrass you, or what?" Emma chimes in.

"No, no. It's not that. I'm thinking of breaking up with her," I say not making eye contact with any of them.

"What?! Why?" They say in unison.

"I kinda fell for someone else and I think they feel the same," I say honestly. They are the only ones I trust enough to say this to.

"Who? Are they from your school?" Ella asks.

"No, he is in highschool," I say softly, basically coming out to them.

"He? Do we know him?" Elise asks excitedly. That was not the reaction I expected, but I'm glad they are so accepting.

"Do you have a photo? Please!" Ella begs me. I take out my phone and show them the few photos I have of Robbe.

"He is cute! Wow, you have good taste!" Ella gushes and I blush.

We talk about Robbe for another hour and they give some advice, since he's the first guy I fell in love with. I am happy, truly happy.