30 October, Wednesday 21:32

It's getting colder by the minute so we decide to go back to the chalet. Most are drunk and the vibe is fantastic. I stumble over grass and Britt can't stop laughing. I look at her sheepishly.

"Hey, what's so funny?" I ask rhetorically.

"Nothing," she says which makes us laugh even more.

We see the chalet in view and I can't be happier. I like the chalet and Britt has been dropping hints all night, I guess I need to make it up to her, but I don't think I can. Aaron beckons us to stop and silences everyone.

"People, people. Didn't they say the spirits would kill people in the houses?" Aaron asks.

"Ugh... Aaron, sure," Zoë moans and rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, come on," Britt chimes in. It's clear she is restless and can't wait any longer. There's a part in me that can't wait either, but I don't know if I really want it.

"Yes, just wait a minute. I'm going to check," Aaron says and looks inside.

He looks weary and goes in the house. There's a sudden flash, which results in many gasping. I grab Britt and pull her back, frightened myself. Aaron stumbles outside with his hand clutching his throat. Blood is dripping from his mouth and he falls to the floor, choking.

"Aaron! Help, come help!" Amber screams concerned.

"Prank!" Aaron screams. Only Moyo and Jens laugh, the rest of us just scoff in disgust. I enjoy dark humour, but that was a tasteless joke. I take Britt's hands and swing them around.

"Were you scared?" I mock her.

"Almost as scared as you were," she jokes.

"Me? Scared? Never!" I laugh and kiss her.

I guide her to the bonfire pit and start making a fire. It's so cold and the heaters in the chalet don't do much. The flames dance in the moonlight and I can feel the warmth on my skin. It's wonderful. I sit down and pat for Britt to sit next to me, and warm her freezing hands in my own.