Secrets

We pull into La Parrilla's parking lot, because I'm dying for Mexican food. "We got one hour until we have to head back your way." Dre reminds me. We do NOT need a repeat of last time. We walk in and greet the server. "Is it okay if we have one of those booths in the back?" Dre asks. "Sure!" The hostess leads us to our table. "Your server will be right with you." She says, while leaving us with the menus. "I honestly don't know where to begin." Dre says. "What you mean?" I ask. "How the hell I'ma get out of this shit? Mase has eyes all over the hood. I just didn't slip up and tell not a single soul about my other cars and house. They'd be ready to kick me out the neighborhood, if I ever had any of them niggas around." The waitress comes, to take our order. Thankfully we already know what we want and order.

"I don't know. What do you have against him that they can't use against you?" I ask. He just closes his eyes and slowly shakes his head. "If you want me to help you, I need you to help me. Maybe there are things I can ask him, while recording." "Ion know bout all that. I'm not ready to die but I know it's coming, if I don't figure this shit out. You on the other hand, I know you're not ready to die. Just because he's your dad, don't mean shit. Let's not forget you just chased his ass around the block with a stick. Once he finds out you recorded him saying some incriminating shit, he gone have a hit out for yo ass." Dre says, making a valid point. If he's as dangerous as Dre's making it seem, Mason would have my head on the same stick I chased him with. FML. "Right now, I'ma just lay low and do what I'm supposed to do. If he never sees me with you, we gone be good. I'll come up with something."

We finally eat our food and head back to my apartment. It's people outside now, so he has his hoodie covering up his whole head. "Don't get out." I say. "Just give me the comforter later." "You sure?" Dre asks. "Yes." I reply. I grab all of like eight bags of stuff and hurry up the stairs. Josh walks out of my building, as I'm walking up. "So you just riding round with all kinds of people now? Just drop Dre and found somebody else huh? He ain't even help you." He questions. At least he doesn't know it's Dre. "One, it's none of your business. Two, you wanted me to stop fucking with him right?" I asked annoyed and continued up to my apartment. What the hell was he doing in here anyway? I finally make it to my door and struggle to get it open. I drop everything on the floor as gently as I could. "I can't believe he paid for all of this." I say to myself. He spent over $300.

After relaxing for a while, I go through all of my new things and try organizing everything. It's so much shit. I wonder what my friends are doing so I group FaceTime them. Daisy and Trevor answers. "What's up, girl?" Trevor says. "Is it me or is moving hard?" I ask. "It's trash! None of my siblings want to help. What's the point of having all of them?" Daisy yells. We all laugh. "Where's Carlos?" I ask. "At freaking work. His dad been having him work allllll day and night. By the time he gets off around 7, he's tired." "Damn. Dana just left from helping me pack." Trevor brags. That's one of his hoes. She's been around, since freshman year. "You always got the hoes. I don't have that privilege." Daisy laughs. "Shut up!" Trevor yells. "But speaking of hoes, I'm sorry y'all but Keisha name hit the streets." "What?" I yell. "I heard she fucking with one of Dre's boys. It hits me that Josh was leaving, when I came home. Was he with her? "Hell nah. She would tell us." I yell. "I don't know Maya. She know we would judge her ass, for this. Friends or not, that's not a good look. He just cussed you out the other day. She should not be messing with him." Daisy says.

Now, I'm mad. Daisy has a point. Josh been rude since day one. But you know what, Keisha likes that kind of "man". That's how Quez is. Now, I'm not so surprised. "I'ma ask her about this shit. She warning me bout Dre but gone mess with Josh?" I say. "I'ma ask her first before I listen to a rumor, though." "I don't want this to come between y'all but you was bound to find out. Josh ain't like Dre. He run his mouth too fucking much." Trevor says. "The only reason people know you cool with Dre is cuz of him, if you think about it. He always caused a scene, when it comes to you and that makes everybody look your way. Then having Dre calm the situation down and taking up for you and then Josh running up on us at the park. Keisha don't need to fuck with this kid man." He's right. I'm about to address this right now. "I'm bout to call her. I'm not gone lie, I saw Josh leaving this building earlier." I say. "Ahh hell. This shit is true?" Daisy yells. "Let me check first. I'ma hit y'all later." I hang up and notice text from Mila. I'm going to have to respond later. I gotta make sure my girl not keeping secrets.

I go over and knock on her door. I know her ass is home, so she better answer. After the third knock and call, she opens the door. "I'm sorry, I was tryna get a nap." She says. "We need to talk." I get straight to the point. "Yes." She says and looks down. "Yes, what?" I ask confused. "Yes, I been talking to Josh. Before you get mad, I checked his ass about the other day." Keisha says. "Keisha what the fuck is wrong with you? Josh? Why him?!" I yell. I am pissed. He's not even cute either. "I don't know. I only DM'd him to check him about the first time and one thing led to another." She pleads her case. "Keisha, with all the shit going on right now, you think now is a good time to become cool with him?" "You and Dre the best of friends now. I can't get a drug dealer too?" Keisha asks. She has got to kidding me. "Are you serious right now?" "And let's not forget how rude Dre was. He still only nice to you." I'm so disappointed right now but I do not want to be too upset with her. "I'ma just go." I say and turn around. "Maya come on. If I get him to be nice, would you be okay? Plus you wanted me to drop Quez, remember?" This is such a deja vu moment from the mini conversation I had with Josh today. "Do you, Keisha. Just know Josh is not Dre." "Yea but Josh don't got a hit out on him. You the one that need to be watching your back. You don't know what Mason is about." She snaps back. I hate that she's right. "I can't wait to leave this hell hole." I say and walk off.