Chapter 10: I'm Going to Live Here?

When I see my room, I shriek. Its beautiful! Amazing! Big! It looks nothing like the room I have back home.

The walls are painted a bright yellow- my favourite colour!- and there's a tiny refrigerator. I run over to it a open it. Its full of my favourite foods. Fruit Popsicle, mini lasagne's, sprite, and skittles! Then I run over to the huge king sized bed, with lime green blankets and pillows. I lay down and roll around in the blanket until I fall to the ground, entangled in the blanket. "Ah, Rose! This is amazing!" I shriek, rolling around some more in the blanket.

Rose laughs at me. I must look hilarious.

"Emily! Your so funny!" Laughs Rose. "Have you seen the closet yet?" I lift my head out of the pile curiously.

"No...?" I answer, confused.

Rose jumps up and claps her hands together. She says, "Oh, go see it! Go see it!" I hop up instantly, but fall back down, because my legs are stuck in the blanket. I laugh again, untangle myself, and make the bed. I think Rose is going to have a heart attack, she's laughing so hard.

"Okay, now I'll go to the closet." I laugh. Rose puts her hand to her mouth to stop herself from laughing much more. I'm glad, because I think she might of fainted if she didn't stop herself.

You'd never believe that a closet could be as big as the room(which is huge), right? Well I didn't until I saw my closet right now. Its absolutely wonderful! It's sorted so neatly. Dresses seem to be in the far left corner, skirts in front of them. The pants are in the far right corner, and the shirts are in the front. Shoes are placed under all the clothing. Purses are on a long racks above the clothing. I don’t really use purses but I might start now, seeing that I have millions of them. I walk to the end of the closet to look at the dresses. They’re all so beautiful. Some are plaid, some striped, but my favourite is a polka dotted dress. Its a bright yellow with white polka dots. Its made out of fine silk. I can tell because my Mum works at a dress shop. I rub my fingers against the dress. The silk is soft and feels nice against my skin. I pick the dress of its hanger and place it in front of me. I turn to Rose and pose. 

“Does this look good on me?” I ask. 

Rose examines me for a minute, tilting her head side to side. Finally, Rose says her opinion. “Yes. I think it compliments your blue eyes.” Rose smiles and I blush. For some reason people complimenting my eyes had always embarrassed me.    

I am about to respond, when I hear a bit of music playing. I walk to the end of the closet and pop my head out. Kleo is by the door, ear-buds in her ears. She snorts and rolls her eyes at me. “Fashionista." She mutters.

Rose glares at her. “We heard that.” Rose tries to keep a straight face but can’t seem to maintain it because a wide grin spreads across her face. “We were just having fun, Kleo! Why don’t you ever have fun?”      

Kleo just rolls her eyes again. “I do have fun. See? I’m having fun listening to music!” Kleo gestures to her earbuds. She rolls her eyes once more.

“Its hard to tell,” states Rose, placing her freckled hands on her hips. “Since your frowning.”

Kleo does some sort of growl thing. “Whatever.” She flips her hair and walks away sassily. 

“She’s fun,” I smile. “Very, very fun.” 

And a grumpy grouch, I think. A very, very grumpy grouch.

“Very,” jokes Rose. “I think she’s the funnest person on the face of the planet, for sure!” I cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing because I think it would be mean to laugh at that. Rose definitely knows how to get you smiling.

“Do you think I should try on this dress?” I ask Rose, suddenly changing the subject. I pop my head back in to the closet and notice a mirror right at the back of it. I put the dress in front of me again. I actually think it looks good on me.

“If you want,” answers Rose. “The bathroom’s over there.” I walk back out of the closet to see where Rose is pointing. She’s pointing at a room beside the closet. I place my hand on the vintage diamond doorknob and open the door. I back up a bit. Its glorious. So beautiful like the closet except a bathroom! There's a large bathtub, and a large cupboard to hold all the shampoo's and conditner's and lotion's and much, much more. Everything is basically large. And its a dream. I step in to the bathroom, close the door, and start putting on my dress. After I do so, I look in to the full body mirror. Its decided. I love this dress. Next I got to the large cupboard and pick out some cinnamon lotion on my hands and face. It smells so heavenly.   

"Let me see!" Shouts Rose.   

"One sec." I tie a bow on the front of the dress with the white ribbon. I open the door andmodel for Rose.

"Turn for me!" Rose waves her finger around. I turn in circles. The dress makes an umbrella shape and floats around me. "Its perfect," says Rose. "Just perfect."

"Really?" I ask, slowing myself to a stop.

"Really." Rose stretches. "What time is it?" Rose takes a look at her watch. "8:00. I'm going to my room now." Rose yawns now and waves at me.

I wave at her back. "Bye! Goodnight!"

"Goodnight." Says Rose dissapearing out of my room. "See you tomorrow." I nod even though she cannot see it. I  lay on my bed, still in my yellow silk dress. I yawn as Rose did and shut my eyes.