Chapter 31

The prequel novella for Element Wielder (Legacy of the Golden Wielder) is up on Wattpad). Through Element Wielder, you might have read some referances to the legendary GOLDEN WIELDER. Well, now you get to know his story, and how he ties in with Falcon Hyatt.

How is it that Falcon can wield all the elements? Who is the Golden Wielder? 

All this questions are answered in the novella prequel to ELEMENT WIELDER. The entire prequel will be uploaded really, really fast.

Feel free to drop by and find out how the lives of these two wielders, even though they are 100 years apart, interwind. 

-------------

Professor Kraimaster had his usual frown planted on his face, and was dressed in the same dark robe he always wore.

“What are you doing here, professor?” asked Falcon.

“A queztion you do well to azk yourzelve,” said Kraimaster, pointing his long finger at Falcon. “You were due to report back over a week ago.” He scanned the room. “Where is Mr. Keen?”

“Lao is no longer with us,” said Falcon.

“What do you mean, he iz no longer with you?”

Falcon outlined for Kraimaster what had happened. The professor listened attentively. Occasionally the professor stopped him to get clarification on certain events, but for the most part he remained quiet.

Kraimaster curled his dry lips. “If what you tell me iz true, then it iz even more of a reazon you zhould have reported back az zcheduled. You, Mr.Hyatt, zerved az leader of thiz mizzion. Everything that haz incurred here, therefore, iz your fault. You are a Rohad mercenary, and az zuch you are expected to follow orderz.” Kraimaster took a scanned his surroundings, and a look of disgust came over his face. “Our contract with thiz pathetic village iz no longer our concern. Zo I azk again: Why did you not report back az inztructed?”

“I thought I already made that clear,” answered Falcon, growing frustrated. “The situation has evolved far beyond attacks on this village. If Sandoria falls, Ladria could be next. We have to join the Sandoria defense force before it’s too late.”

“Liez!” The professor slammed his fist on the table. Cups of sugar and cinnamon flew off and shattered on the floor. “If the Zuteckh were launching an attack on any capital city, the Ladrian zcouts would have informed uz by now. You don’t honeztly expect me to believe that the zcoutz of thiz backwardz village are better informed than thoze from our capital city? Now collect your thingz, we leave immediately.”

“I can’t speak for them,” said Falcon, motioning toward Aya and Sheridan. “But the only place I am going is Sandoria. Whether you like it or not.”

“Thiz iz not a dizcuzzion, Mr.Hyatt. You are all coming with me. I am not about to be made a fool by returning without all of you.”

“You’re about to!” Falcon’s infuriated voice boomed. “I’m not that child you used to pick on, professor. Go back to where you came from.” Falcon surprised even himself by the finality in his voice. “Now!”

Kraimaster’s face turned ashen-white.

“I won’t be going back either,” declared Aya, stepping forward. “We’re needed in Sandoria.”

“Mz. Nakatomi?” Kraimaster looked confused. “Yours iz a noble family of Ladria. Would you really throw your luck in with him and bring dizhonor to your family’z name?”

“I’m sorry, professor, but there is more at stake than honor.”

The professor clenched his teeth as he turned to Sheridan. “And you, Mr. Calhoun? Will you alzo be throwing away your future with theze two?”