Chapter 17

Hello!!!

In this chapter we get to know our friend, Sheridan a bit better. He is a space wielder. 

If you look closely at his hand, you'll be able to see his space emblem (complete with shooting stars an all). If you have a hard time seeing it, check out the website picture. It's much more clearer there.

CHAPTER 17

Sheridan approached the center of the arena wearing his usual long black coat. Falcon often wondered how Sheridan could tolerate wearing a garment that reached down to his knees, especially during the scorching Ladria summers. It was one of the many things about Sheridan that Falcon did not understand.

“Good luck, Hyatt,” said Sheridan with a huge smirk. Sheridan’s insistence on calling everyone by their last name was another mystery. But despite Sheridan’s unusual quirks, Falcon liked him. Sheridan always wore a contagious smile.

Sheridan took a readied stance, holding his large broadsword in front of him. It hardly classified as a broadsword. It had one sharp side and it curved at the tip, resembling a machete more than any sword Falcon had ever seen.

Falcon brought his katana to the fight, opting to forego his double-edged sword. For this fight he wanted speed, not power.

The judge came between them. His exhausted eyes were halfway shut and his words slurred. “The last fight of the day will be between Falcon Hyatt and Sheridan Calhoun.” His hand shot down. “Begin.”

Falcon moved forward with a flurry of sword motions. His sword cut air as Sheridan dodged his attacks. Sheridan counterattacked with his own rush of sword strikes. Falcon sidestepped attack after attack, waiting for an opening, an opening that he couldn’t find.

Falcon took a step back. It was clear he couldn’t win this encounter with just his swordplay. Sheridan was as fast with the sword as he was. He would have to rely on wielding.

All of a sudden, a heavy weight came over him, as if someone had tied a ten ton weight around his ankle. He tried to move. His body didn’t budge.

Seizing his opportunity, Sheridan kicked Falcon’s ribs. With a loud grunt Falcon fell to one knee.

Space force. Space wielders would summon the pressure found in celestial bodies and use it on their foes. Falcon had even heard stories of legendary space wielders who had space-forced entire armies.

Then it hit him. He could space wield too!

Sheridan brought his fist forward, moving in for a punch. At the last second Falcon wielded space force to increase his speed. Simultaneously, he wielded up a rock wall from the ground. Sheridan’s fist cracked loudly as it drove into the hard surface.

“Ouch!” cried Sheridan. He stumbled back, caressing his hand. “Pretty good, Hyatt. Giving me a taste of my own medicine. Not bad, not bad at all. But don’t forget, you might be able to space wield, but I doubt your space wielding is on par with mine.”

 Falcon cracked his knuckles. “You’re right, but I have more than one element, remember? Besides…” He glanced at Sheridan’s emblem. Its color had begun to fade. “You seem to be running low on energy. Think you can outlast me?”

Sheridan smirked, “Let’s find out, Hyatt. Try to stop me if you can.” He rushed forward.

Falcon quickly wielded two rock arms that formed behind him. He now had four arms: two made of flesh and two of rock. He threw his katana to one of the rock hands. Bringing his hands together, Falcon wielded a fire and water whip.