Chapter 1

Author Notes-  Hey, guys. Make sure you read my brother's story as well. It's up here on Wattpad now and it takes place in the same Universe as Element Wielder (but on a different planet).  Follow the link (copy and paste it) below and add it to your reading list.  Tell him I sent you there.  Enjoy, guys and gals. :)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/270470941-direwolf-book-1-of-the-forbidden-aura-saga

The picture above is that of Falcon and Faith.

The prequel novella for Element Wielder (Legacy of the Golden Wielder) is up on Wattpad)!!! Through Element Wielder you might have reaad some references to the legendary GOLDEN WIELDER. Well, now you get to know his story, and how he ties in with Falcon Hyatt.

How is it that Falcon can wield all the elements? Who is the Golden Wielder? 

All this questions are answered in the novella prequel to ELEMENT WIELDER. 

Feel free to drop by and find out how the lives of these two wielders, even though they are 100 years apart, interwind. 

-------- 

CHAPTER 1 

Despite the soothing morning breeze, Falcon's heart beat faster as his brother, Albert, marched into the large arena to commence the last fight of the day. The suffocating smell of old mold was stronger than he recalled. Of course, it had been over a year since he last set foot in the coliseum.

Falcon grabbed the long green hilted spear and ran into the arena. "You forgot your weapon."

"Thanks," said Albert, turning and taking the spear. Usually his brother's blue eyes were filled with a serene happiness, but today they sagged with sadness.  

"Are you feeling well?" asked Falcon, concern in his voice. His brother always got like this on the anniversary of their parents murder.

He ruffled Falcon's charcoal colored hair. "Yes. Don't worry."

Falcon shoved his anxiety aside. "I hope you're fine, because your next opponent is your toughest one yet. He's an earth wielder from Missea and he's undefeated, just like you. Of course, he won't be after you're done with him."

"What have I told you about underestimating your opponents?"

"To not do it."

Albert smiled. "It's not as simple as don't do it. Failing to be prepared for everything is asking for defeat."

"Yes, yes, I get it, but hurry up. They're waiting for you."

Albert smiled as he turned and made his way back to the center of the arena.

Falcon's hands trembled. He scanned the arena from the battlegrounds on the bottom, to the circular stone arches that made up the walls on top. It looked as if the entire kingdom of Ladria had turned out for the event; no seat was without an owner. Yells, screams, and roars from the thousands of spectators filled the air.

The cheering abruptly ceased as Emperor Romus of Ladria strode into the royal booth. The short man had a generous-sized belly that could clearly be seen through the luxurious blue robe that went from his shoulders to his feet. The only trait preventing him from resembling a child more than a man was his long mustache. He took a seat along with the other emperors and empresses of Va'siel.

Albert gave the emperors a slight bow. He turned to his adversary and gave him a slight bow as well.

"I am Mathias Jiggoro," grunted Albert's opponent, not bothering to bow in return. "I hail from the great capital city of Missea. Today your winning streak comes to an end. I hope your people show you mercy when you lie crippled in defeat, for you shall have none from me."