Chapter 34

Sorry. I accidentally uploaded the same chapter last time. Sorry, guys.

This is the real update.

For those interested, I have a new story up on Wattpad. Here is the link to it. (You may to copy and paste). Or you can just go to my profile and find my story there. I also added the cover to the images here. What do you guys think?

https://www.wattpad.com/story/48659208-star-rising-heartless

----------------------------

    CHAPTER 34

Falcon's legs jittered as General Higa wielded a wave of earth. With flashing fangs, the dark hulks effortlessly broke through the hills of earth that moved up and down like a raging sea.

The first of the two leapt into the air. It landed next to the general, slamming the ground and sending shockwaves across the field.

The general stumbled, falling by the lifeless body of a young Sandorian soldier. He stared at the corpse for a moment then picked himself up.

"Behind you, general!" warned Falcon, though he was so far from him, he doubted Higa could hear him.

In his daze, the general didn't seem to notice danger approach from his rear. The creature altered one of its tentacle arms to resemble a circular drill, which punctured the general's chest, running him through.

The black form threw its head back and roared while it picked up the impaled leader for the entire field to witness.

Higa twitched and struggled, in a futile death spasm.

The dark beast altered another tentacle to resemble a rapier. It then struck the general's stomach.

"Uuurghh!" The general's pained wail came to an abrupt end as black tar spurted out of his mouth. His body convulsed while the dark liquid bled out of his ears, eyes, and nose.

The Sandorian army turned into a riotous mob. They jumped over bodies and stumbled into one another as they fled their defensive lines.

Thousands of Suteckh soldiers and the nine remaining dark monsters took after the retreating men.

"Falcon, stay here and hold this line," ordered the Ghost Knight. "Do not let the enemy pass. You are now the last line of defense."

Falcon's stomach dropped. But he tried to not let it show. "Understood."

The Ghost Knight's steed took off into the melee. He lifted one of his arms into the air. Even through the distance, Falcon made out the emblem shining brightly in his glove, which could only mean one thing: he was wielding.

The sky parted. An explosive noise rang through the battlefield, causing Falcon's horse to jump.

At first, Falcon saw what appeared to be a small break at the center of the blue sky. But it quickly grew in size until half of the entire canopy was as dark as the night.

The opening was a window into space. Through it, hundreds of unknown stars shared their glow. A mysterious blue planet with patches of brown and green hung in the blackness of the universe. A much smaller gray planet floated next to the blue marble, like two silent partners dancing in space.

What is that supposed to do? Nothing is happening.

"What is that?" asked a soldier, pointing at the break in the sky. "There're so many of them."