Chapter 3. A wild child

Começar do início

"Is this what people call, if you're not careful then it will come back to bite you in the ass?" I asked myself while looking at the moon goddess and I was just about to give her my ultimate answer which was "No" when I heard my father Heracles say that my father Kasadya and he had something important to announce at dinner that night. I already had a feeling that my parents were bothered by my behavior so I decided to talk to Big T about the announcement before attending dinner that night. "I'll think about it and then give you an answer tomorrow moon goddess" I said to the moon goddess when I sensed where Theo and Hera were and then casted a spell to take me to the mansion's garage. I then stepped into my car and drove to the pastry shop were my siblings were.

It seemed like Victor had the same idea too so I wasn't surprised when I saw him walk into the pastry shop right after me. My parents were now done making their big announcement and the fact that we would be disowned by them if we didn't manage to find our true mates within three months didn't sit well with me. I could see that Theo and Victor were shocked too while our parents were clearly enjoying our misfortune. I was never in a hurry to find a mate but the moon goddess had presented me with an golden opportunity now. I just had to marry this so called Ian Landon for three months then dump him to get a lifetime free of nagging from my evil parents in return. "This is a truly too good opportunity to waste and I can see it as charity work" I said to myself and then uttered "I already found the right candidate to marry dad". Everyone looked in horror at me while I could only smile at them.

My father Kasadya who had left the table to grab some coffee for my father Heracles and him looked in amusement at me and then asked me "Really little devil and who is this unlucky groom or bride?" I huffed at my father and then answered his question with "His name is Ian Landon but I don't know him yet. I need some time to woo him". My parents burst out laughing while my siblings were still looking in shock at me. Theo then asked me "Do you mean the guy who monitors fallen angles and their descendants on earth, Zeus. I met him a few times before actually and he has a rather cold demeanor if you ask me. And doesn't people call him the ultimate bachelor or something?"

"Look at that Big T already knows more about that guy than I do" I thought to myself while remembering the conversation that I had with the moon goddess earlier. "They would truly make a great couple" I thought to myself while thinking about the whole bachelor thing and then replied to my brother with "Yes, it's the same guy that you're talking about Big T". My father Heracles then suddenly smiled broadly at me and asked me "Are you sure that you want to marry Ian Landon little devil?" I nodded at my father and then heard my father Kasadya say "Well, he will certainly make a great addition to the family. Should we contact his parents and arrange a meeting before leaving tomorrow Herac?" My parents were suddenly engrossed in their conversation about my so called wedding and seeing that, fear suddenly crept into my heart because they had agreed too easily with my crazy proposal.

I then saw Theo shaking his head at me while Hera was grinning at me. Victor then suddenly said through our mind link "Well, congratulations Zeus you just dug your own grave. Our parents probably know why you want to marry Ian Landon". Big T then added "You made your bed so you now must lie in it but don't worry little brother, we're going to support you no matter what". I wanted to scream "You're the one who created this mess so shut up" at the moon goddess when I suddenly heard her add "You made a very wise decision Zeus. You won't regret it, I promise". Hera was suddenly over the moon and threw herself at me while saying "Ow, I can already hear the wedding bells".

I was exhausted by the time I was lying in my bed and I forgot about everything that had happened before. I was woken up by my father Heracles early in the morning and I looked in shock at him when I heard him say "Ian Landon's parents have agreed to meet us at eleven o'clock in the morning today so get up little devil. And before you say anything, I like you to know that we have to meet them early due to the fact that your father and I will be leaving for our private island with Hera in the afternoon. It seems that the Landon's are very happy that someone finally decided to marry into that family so they didn't even mind your gender. Make sure that you look presentable Zeus because you'll be meeting your future husband and your in laws for the first time in your life today". My father walked out of my room after saying all that and I couldn't help but laugh menacingly while thinking about how to pay the moon goddess back for the unwanted trouble that she had caused me even if it was partially my own fault.