The taxi stopped in front of a white mansion and Nox got out to help the driver unload Nico's luggage. Nico quickly got out to help and victoriously carried his suitcase to the main doors (earning a scowl from his mate) where a butler was already present to take the bag from his and Nox's hands. Nox swiftly bent down and lifted a shocked Nico up in his arms, bridal-style, to cross over the threshold. Nico wrapped his arms around his mate's neck and gave him a long kiss that only broke when someone cleared their throat noisily.

"Father." Nox greeted, still holding Nico up in his arms. Nico almost died in shame when he saw the white haired Suwarriis Alpha. He gestured Nox to please put him down. "I don't want to," was the reply he got from his mate. Nico felt terribly flustered and turned to the Alpha to apologize profusely.

"My brother, the troglodyte." Came Nina's voice who had just entered the hall accompanied by a now buff-looking Alakay.

Nox kissed Nico's cheek and swiflty placed him back on the ground, on his own two feet. Nico bowed humbly to Alpha Suwarrii who said that Nico's friends spoke highly of him and he now understood why. He welcomed a bewildered looking Nico to their home.

"You mated!" Nina all but shouted into Nico's ear as she hugged the living daylights out of him. He understood now as to why he had felt such a strong connection to Nina. She was his sister-in-law and her blood had attracted Nico, she being the closest link to his mate.

"You look happy–and mature." Alakay commented, giving his friend a well deserved man-hug.

"And you look buff man!" Nico exclaimed, lightly punching Alakay's arm. Alakay told him he was training to be pack guardian and Nico was thoroughly impressed.

Nina informed her brother and his mate that Alpha had arranged a mating ceremony for them, which would be followed by a feast in Nico's honor and then a run with the whole pack in their skins at full-moon tonight.

Nox had held the small of Nico's back as he had led Nico to their suite. He had shown Nico a closet full of clothes for his use and many toiletries that he had bought for Nico while he had been away. Nico relaxed when his mate sat down on the sofa in their cozy living area- with Nico safely in his lap- and removed Nico's shoes and socks to massage his feet. Nico tucked his head under his mates chin as his wolf wanted and began to purr contently. Nox smiled, appeased and closed his eyes to inhale his mates delicious and unusual scent of cupcake frosting.

---

Nox

Nox waited for his mate to walk down the short aisle-like trail in the forest toward him. Pack members had shifted into their wolf forms to watch the ceremony and were patiently waiting for Nico on either side of the trail. Nox had arrived seperately with Alpha and Alakay, as Nina had insisted, and she was bringing Nico.

Nox had dressed in a white suit as was traditional for the mating ceremony. The elders and Alpha had worn black to stand out. Nox heard whispers and approaching footsteps. He gazed toward the trail and his eyes settled on his mate: The love of his life, standing there in a long cream-white robe, his hair was beaded with silver tribal beads, that had once been worn by Suwarrii royalty. He was holding a small box in his hands. Nox felt his heart beating double-time. His mate was breathtakingly beautiful– inside and out. Goddess had smiled on him the day she gifted him Nico.

Nico walked slowly down the aisle toward Nox. Nox heard his mate's heart and it was beating as fast as his own. He took Nico's hand and kissed the inside of his soft palm. Nico had dusted his eyelids with silver glitter that shined like the moon above and his lips glowed pink, even in the darkness.

The Elders and the Alpha said prayers for them and tied their hands with white ribbon, signifying the purity of their mate-bond. Nico had gifted Nox with an intricate mating ring he had seen in the bazaars of Egypt— and immediately thought of his mate. Once the ceremony ended, Nico and Nox were asked by the Alpha to open the feast. Nox fed his mate the first bite. Nina could be heard across the pack, clapping and howling the most for her brother and his mate.

Once the feast ended, the music began. Nox took his mate into his arms and led him through a Regency dance. They were soon joined by other wolves on either side.

The moon rose and when it's glow reached it's prime, the Suwariis Alpha ordered his pack to shift as he led them on a run. Nox shifted into his black wolf and was amazed to see Nico's white wolf gleam under the moon. His wolf nudged Nico's with his large snout and Nico's wolf rubbed his fur all over Nox's to mark his mate. Nox's wolf bit and licked his mate to show affection and to discreetly mark him as his. They ran fast, then slow, playing and nipping at each other– completely and perfectly and incandescently happy.

—❤— End —❤—