CHAPTER 12

Jaemin woke up in a random room that was almost pitch black. He was in a bed, but it wasn't that comfortable. He was in a simple shirt and some joggers as well.
He doesn't remember what happened last, but he must've passed out from being exhausted.
He couldn't see where he was, but there was a window nearby that was slightly opened. It let in a cool breeze and a small bit of light from the moon.
Jaemin sat up and tried to adjust his eyes to the darkness. Soon enough, he was able to make out some objects.
There were a few other beds in the same room. People were sleeping on them.
Jaemin wanted to go back to sleep to pass time, but he wasn't all that tired anymore.
He put his back against the wall and stared at the wall in front of him.
He started to process what had happened the past few days. Jaemin still couldn't believe he was alive then and there.
He felt extremely grateful, but he had a painful aching in his heart. He doesn't know whether anyone he knew was alive or not. He didn't hear about anything that was going on.
Nobody updated him on anything.
After spacing out for so long, he noticed the room was slightly brighter. Jaemin looked out the window, and the sun was rising.

It's already sunrise? I thought it was the middle of the night...

Jaemin slowly and quietly slipped out of the bed and walked towards the window.
He didn't know where he was, obviously, but the view was pretty.
It seemed very calm. He was high above the ground, and he could faintly see the outlines of trees. There was nothing but trees.
The darkness of the world gave him the shivers, so he stopped looking at the window.
He turned around and was met by a figure.
Jaemin jumped in shock and almost screamed, but the figure covered his mouth before releasing their hand.

"Did I scare you?"

Jaemin regained his composure and realized it was Jeno.

"Yes."

"Wow, what a dry response." Jeno chuckled and backed away. "Good morning. How long have you been up?"

"I don't know. 30 minutes?" Jaemin replied.

Jeno nodded and told Jaemin to follow him.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, not really."

It was silent after that.
They walked out of the room and into some dark hallways.

"Sorry it's so dark. There isn't any electricity. So be careful not to bump into anything. But the sun should light it up soon." Jeno whispered.

Jaemin modded, even tho Jeno couldn't see him.
"Where are we going?"

"Honestly, I'm not to sure. But i was thinking about taking a walk. I'm not really friends with anybody here, and it's lonely. But I seem to be on good terms with you, so let's get to know each other."

"Oh, okay."

After walking down a few flight of stairs, they were on the bottom floor. The building was more lit than before, so they could now see clearly.
They both walked outside. There wasn't a door, strangely.

"Where are we anyways?" Jaemin asked as they started to walk down a pathway.

"Somewhere in Japan. This was the closest place we could find that was in decent condition to stay at. It's some old hospital. There weren't many people that were still alive, but it was getting dark so we needed to find shelter before continuing on the search. However, we'll be talking you, as well as other people, to go to Korea for proper treatment."

Jaemin didn't know what to say, so he just nodded his head.
They continued walking along a path, before they heard someone yell, "Help!"