Chapter 2

- INTRUDER -

Mother looped her arm around father's and they both walked up the stage. All eyes were on the royal couple as they stood before the guests. Father didn't have to make any effort to obtain everyone's undivided attention. His mere presence demanded it.

"I would like to thank each and everyone of you for attending this special event," his voice boomed. "My youngest son has come of age when he'll be anointed and blessed to continue our legacy that has been passed down to us since the beginning."

All the Elites walked up to the stage and stood behind the couple with their wings partially extended. There were nine men including my father and three women. Each one of them possessed a unique power that made them stronger than any other warrior.

A gentle push from my eldest brother snapped me out of my thoughts. My mother extended her right arm in my direction. My heart was beating wildly in my chest as I walked towards her. I felt the crowd's gaze on me as if they were expecting me to make a mistake so they can criticize me in the future.

Once I was at arm's length, she pulled me into a hug. "You'll be fine," she whispered, "I still can't believe that you've grown so fast." She pulled back and giving me an assuring smile.

She looked over her shoulder making me follow her gaze to where father was standing. I gave her a small smile before I strolled over to father until I was standing in front of him. All the Elites were looking straight ahead except for Malachi who was looking my way with a smirk. My gaze dropped to the ground as I waited for father's instructions not wanting to lose focus.

A firm hand was placed on my shoulders as I waited. The audience were silent as they observed the scene unfold before them. It's not everyday that one gets to witness a member from the royal family become a warrior.

He began speaking in an unknown language to which I did not understand no matter how hard I tried to focus on every word, every syllable to decipher its origin.

"Do not try to understand or reason, just let the power within you flow. In time you'll be able to comprehend," He whispered so I would only hear.

Father took a step back and grabbed the sword that mother had in her hands. As if my body knew exactly what to do, I knelt before the noble.

"I present you with the weapon that you'll use to destroy your enemies and protect those that seek protection. Do you accept the tasks that will be assigned to you? To put someone else's life before your own. To become a guardian, to become a protector, to become a warrior."

"I accept."

"Rise," he commanded to which I stood up as he held out the sword in his hands. "This is your weapon."

The sword's handle was black yet had some parts made of pure gold with a unique engraving. In tiny letters I saw my name in an elegant script making it clear to whom it belongs to. When my father gave me a nod, I wrapped my hand around the handle and lifted the sword from his grasp.

It was heavier than the swords I've trained with, but in time I would adapt. My eyes glanced over the blade that also contained engraved writing, but in a language I did not comprehend. Within seconds the silver blade glowed a bright red before it bursts into flames.

It only lasted for a brief moment before the flames died down and I was staring at the silver blade. I looked up at my father who held pride in his eyes and a small smile on his lips.

I placed the tip of the sword downward until it touched the ground while I knelt before my father once again. "I will defend those that need protecting, I will give my life and become a servant of the Almighty, I shall fight against the enemy and bring justice," I spoke with a firm voice that was heard throughout the ballroom for everyone to hear.