"Whatever. Just do it and bring it tomorrow.", she said and hung up

"Just do it and bring it.", she said, mimicking Gwendolyn after she ended the cal.

She grumbled but got herself ready. She didn't have a car so she called Erik to bring the car that they used for the register. It was a minivan and Erik knew how to drive. It was one of the requirements for his job.

Not long after she got ready, he arrived.

"Morning Sandra.", he said brightly.

"Yeah yeah just head over to the station.", she said rudely but he didn't mind.

Gwendolyn and Sandra were most times rude to him so he got used to it, he now saw it as their way of life.

"What's got you in a twist this morning?", he asked.

"It's pants, pants in a twist.", she corrected.

"I'm trying not to be so vulgar.", he said with a smile and she gave him a 'are you crazy look'.

"Vulgar! Everyone says it there's nothing vulgar about it.", she said.

"I know. I'm just trying to lighten up your mood.", he said.

"Yeah well you didn't.", she said and there was silence before he continued.

"So since you're already in a bad mood. What did Gwendolyn say you should do in the station on a Saturday morning?", he asked.

"I have to do this interview on the murder case. How far they've gone and all that. If they have any possible suspects and all that. Then we'll edit it tomorrow and publish it on Monday.", she said.

"By editing, I'm sure you mean twisting it and making it sound like he's doing nothing.", he said accusingly.

"That is not what I do. I get the truth and put it in a better light.", she defended.

"Better light huh? All your articles seem in a better light.", he said sarcastically and the station was just up ahead.

"And what does that mean?", she asked.

"That article you wrote about Lisa wasn't in any better light. You just made it seem like she had something to do with the murder.", he said and she seemed to be getting more frustrated.

"That's what it seemed to me.", she said.

"Yeah, like someone who is grieving and yells at you seems like she's connected to the murder just because she's grieving and doesn't want to talk about it at the moment.", he said.

"Oh please just shut up.", she said getting her bag as the car stopped and leaving in a fouler mood.

She was trying to get herself calm and enter into her questioning mood when a man called to her. She told herself to calm down before looking at him with a sweet smile.

Always look sweet and unassuming.

"Yes, morning.", she said nicely.

"Morning and what's your business here?", he asked.

"I'm here to see the sheriff for an interview.", she said.

"Oh from the register. Well, he's kinda busy so you can't meet him now. You should've called earlier. You'll have to wait.", he said dryly.

She felt like hitting this man for talking to her the way he did, but she willed herself to calm down.

"Sir, I'm sure it won't take time. It's just some questions that's all. Plus, I have somewhere else to go I really can't wait.", she said.

"Well if that place is really important to you then you should go ahead and stop bothering us with your presence.", he snapped and continued.

"The world is bothered by your presence.", she muttered.

"You say something?", he asked menacingly but she didn't care.

"I'll wait.", she said with an overly fake smile.

The man nodded and continued typing something. She felt very irritated. She sat and started tapping her fingers on the book on her lap.

Time flew and soon it was twelve. She was so tired now. She hadn't eaten before she left. If she knew this was what she was coming to she would have taken more time. Probably even done her beauty mask.

She was thinking of leaving when the man that was at the desk stood up and left. She was alone in the lobby and she saw this as her window of opportunity. If she could just sneak her way to his office.

And so she did. She got up and discreetly left. The offices had blinds so they would only see a figure passing by. She moved until she reached the office that had the Sheriff in it.

She thought of knocking but she decided not to. She had been polite enough. She opened the door and the sight her eyes beheld was the first thing to make her smile today, a coy smile.

The sheriff was seating in his chair, with a shocked Ana who had just jumped off his lap.

Ooh! What a sight to behold indeed. This would be one juicy discovery for Sandra and knowing who she is, I've seen the reason why this sort of thing would make her smile.

Vote, Comment, Share
SJ💝