Chapter Five

They rode in silence for a little bit. Emmet was driving slower than usual and Livvy noticed.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked, looking towards him.

"Of course."

She shook her head. For being vampires they sure were polite.

"I was wondering," she paused, trying to find the right words. "How does all this vampire stuff work? Like, how do you even become a vampire?"

"Oh Liv," he said, pretending to wipe tears away. "I'm honored that you asked me those questions."

She giggled. And once she started laughing he did too.

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Not really, but I'm going to find out eventually, and I don't think Jasper will want to tell me."

"True. So, basically, we have venom. And the only way to turn a human is to either, bite them to get the venom in their blood stream which is very difficult to do. Because human blood is so much better than animal blood and once we taste it, we won't be able to stop. The only one we know that has done that is Carlisle."

There was a pause as he thought about his father figure.

"The other way is to inject the venom into their bloodstream. Either way you do it is extremely painful for the human. It feels like every cell inside you is on fire. Like your being burned from the inside out."

"That sounds extremely uncomfortable."

There was a sudden pause in their conversation.

"You aren't considering being turned into a vampire are you? Not that I don't want to have you around or anything, I just feel like, you don't need to be turned. Your perfect the way you are. And I mean that in a brotherly way."

"No. Definitely not. It didn't even cross my mind. I know I'm going to sound crazy but, I actually enjoy being human. I mean, sometimes people suck, but I love it."

"That's good."

"If you don't mind me asking, uh, you don't have to answer if you don't want to but, why did Carlisle turn you? Was it an accident or something? He doesn't seam like he would change someone without a reason."

"One thing before I explain, we typically don't remember our human lives, and memories very well after we're turned. We don't really know why though. So the story of how I got turned, I only know what happened because Carlisle and Rose were there."

"So, basically I was out on a trail in the woods when I got attacked by a bear. Rosalie found me right before it was about to finish me off. I thought she was an angel taking me to heaven. I don't know how she made it back to Carlisle. Considering how new she was to this lifestyle and all the blood. She had Carlisle turn me. We've been together ever since. I thought Carlisle was god when I saw him and was sure that I was in heaven. The only thing I clearly remember was the pain. It took three days. I thought it was never going to end. It was horrible. I'm not mad that they turned me though. I love my family and I wouldn't change anything."

Emmet finished right when they got to her house.

"I should probably get inside before she starts to worry."

She unbuckled herself, but before she could get out of the car Emmet stopped her.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Of course."

"I just wanted to say thank you. For loving Jasper. He's been so alone, and we never thought he would find anyone after Alice."