He shot me a look then.

"But you weren't there." Irina said, just as displeased as David. "Of course, we panicked." She continued. "Saxon thought that maybe you'd gone home, but we knew there was no way you'd just go home. Still, Saxon took us back here so that we could help Rob and Lydia and to check if you were here, but you weren't. We were just getting ready to go back for you, when Ronan suddenly appeared."

The room filled with silence.

"Not to condemn what Kate did." Ronan began. "Because it was bad that she didn't tell Millie or you guys first. But I do have to thank her. I certainly wouldn't be here if it weren't for her."

I was grateful for Ronan saying what was on my mind. But it was then that I really had a chance to look at him. He looked exhausted, his eyes ringed with purple and his skin pale. His wrists had deep, purple bruises on them as well.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. "What did they do to you in there?"

Ronan swallowed, and rubbed the back of his neck. "Not gonna lie, Millie, I thought he'd killed you." He admitted. "After he used that machine on you, I'd never seen you look so pale. He wouldn't tell me whether you were alive or not."

"He discarded me like a piece of trash." I said. "Which, actually, is probably what saved me. Kate found me."

Ronan looked at me. "Is it true, that your powers are gone?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Shit." Ronan muttered. "I didn't think things could get this bad. He managed to extract my powers somehow, but didn't take them away completely."

"He said to me that I was the final key." I said, remembering. "Because of me being able to control all the elements."

"Final key to what, though?" Ronan asked.

Kate groaned then, and we all turned to look at her. When her eyes opened, I ran over to her, Ronan on my tail.

"Kate? You okay?" I asked, bending down so I could look her in the eye as she lay on the sofa.

She nodded, slowly. "What happened?" She asked.

"Um, Millie?" Ronan asked. I looked at him, and saw he was looking underneath Kate's bloody bandages.

"What's wrong?" I stood up and looked, only to see nothing there. Not even a scratch or bruise to indicate that Kate had been stabbed. If I hadn't witnessed it myself, and seen the amount of blood she'd lost, I'd begin to wonder whether Kate had been stabbed at all.

"How is that possible?" I asked.

Ronan shook his head, clearly as disbelieved as I was. Then, Irina and David walked over. "She's healed." Ronan pointed out. "Like, completely."

I bent back down to Kate. "What's wrong?" She asked me. The colour had started to return to her face, and she was beginning to look normal again.

"Well, that's the thing." I said. "Nothing is wrong. Your wounds have completely healed."

She frowned. "Huh?" She then clearly found the strength to sit up, and then rubbed the spot where she'd been stabbed. She frowned even more. "It's gone?" She questioned.

Everyone was happy that Kate was healed, but at the same time, were curious as to why. Then, I gasped, realising. "Oh." I exclaimed. "This must be the next phase in Doctor Geralds experiments!"

Clearly, everyone else in the room was lost.

"You know, when he was saying that he was going to create more powers." I said, and thought back to what Saxon had said. "Saxon said about how the doctor wasn't necessarily creating new powers, but rather he was utilising the elements in a way he hadn't before. So, you know, perhaps the strength of metal, or the speed of lightning." I paused, letting everyone realise what was happening here. "The healing powers of earth?" I pointed at Kate, who was sat upright and didn't look ill at all. I'd seen the healing powers of the earth first hand- last year, Stella's son, Jacob, had healed me a few times. It could be quite potent in some people.