Chapter I- 1776, New York City

1776

The frightened Young girl in a boat was no longer seen or found. There was now a young beautiful 19-year-old woman who was as tough as she looked.

Being a woman in a big city with an even bigger society is not easy. Specially when you are an orphan, immigrant and poor. But her hope to make a difference didn't let Louise Hamilton give up.

She managed to find a job in a tavern as a waitress. The owner was not that friendly but was the only one willing to employ a woman in that city, and she could not complain, because even though it was little, she was able to earn some money and that was a big help.

Alexander on the other hand was ambicious to enter in Princeton College in spite of his poverty. And she totally believed he could because his brain was unvaliuable. His intelligence was what brought them to New York in the first place, and the only thing that was missing was a degree.

That's why she was admired when he entered the tavern furious after going to Princeton ask for a place.

- So how did your meeting go?- Louise asked smirking as she already knew the answer.

- Well...- the man was fidgeting his fingers as always.- I may or may not have punched the Bursar...

-ALEXANDER?!

Her scream attracted the eyes of everyone sitting in the tavern, including her boss, who gave her a disapproving look and she lowered her tone

- Why the hell would you do that?- she continued

-I said i wanted to graduate in two and join the revolution and he looked at me like I was stupid. Im not stupid...- said Alexander clearly irritated.- I need to find that man i told you about... Aaron Burr.

-Is it him you are looking for? He comes here every day at...- as she cleaned some cups, she looked at the door.- Right now!

And Aaron Burr was indeed entering the bar, greeting some known people. The prodigy of Princeton College had a reputation of his own. But in Louise's head his lack of position coasted her trust on him. Either ways if Alexander wanted an opportunity in Princeton, he was the man.

-My Lord, it is!- Alexander quicky got up and fixed himself up.- I better try my luck.

- Good luck!

As Alexander left Louise to her work, she couldn't handle the curiosity. She as well had studied a lot from Alexander's books.

She moved closer to the count where the men were discussing and positioned so that she could hear the conversation without being noticed.

- Please Miss, two pints for us. - she was surprised when Aaron Burr himself talked and went to grab them.

Meanwhile she heard.

-While we're talking let me offer you some free advice. - said Burr while Alexander listened carefully.- Talk less!

- what?

- Smile more!- he continued while Louise listened to that stupid advice.- Dont let them know what you're against or what you're for.

-You cant be serious!

Louise exclaimed without even thinking as she served them. Burr smiled, probably associating the two of them which was not hard since they looked a lot alike. He continued.

-He wants to get ahead....

-Yes!- Hamilton responded before his sister had the chance.

-Fools who run their mouth of end up dead.- Burr completed.