ANGST

1972

David entered the house in a daze. He smelled of weed and alcohol, as its stench pervading throughout the house. As silently as he could, he made his way up the stairs.

"You're late... Again..."

The voice could cut through glass if it could. It stung like venom and was bitter to the core. 'Shit' he said to himself. He turned around, seeing you. You were sleep deprived, and VERY angry.

"I can explain..." he hiccuped. "...I really can~"

He continued to hiccup as she moved towards his shaky body. She got close to his face, and looked straight in his eyes. His breath hitched as she did so. He was higher than a kite, and his red eyes showed it.

"What the hell have I been telling you?! David, you're supposed to come home and help me with our baby, not getting so high of your ass, that you can't even help around the house when you get back!"

She noticed vomit on his shirt and scoffed. This was a regular thing nowadays. He'd come home late, high and drunk, pass out on the couch, wake up late, and eat. This was what he did for weeks on end.

"Yeah?! So what! You can do it yourself! Are you such a horrible mother, that you can't even raise a baby by yourself?! How crazy i was to knock YOU up..."

He scoffed, and with that, you slapped him across his face so hard he cried out.

"YOU BASTARD!!!"

Your voice was so loud, you woke up the baby. Its cries were ear piercing and saddened.

"YOU FUCKING INCONSIDERATE BITCH!!!"

A fist drove into your skull, and with that, you were on the ground. Tears swelled up as your head was filled with pain. You began to cry, looking down at the ground.

"MAYBE IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT MY SITUATION YOU WOULD AGREE THAT WHAT IM DOING MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! ROGER IS UP MY ASS ABOUT THIS NEW RECORD, AND ITS KILLING ME!!! ALL HE EVER WANTS FROM ME IS EVERYTHING IM NOT!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW STRESSFUL THAT IS?!?!?! THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER IS GETTING HIGH AND DRINKING!!! THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO, IS COME HOME TO A CRYING BABY AND A NAGGING WIFE!!! I HATE MY PERSONAL LIFE, AND MY WORK LIFE!!!"

He stormed upstairs, leaving you on the floor still crying your eyes out. The baby's screams were so loud and high pitched, all you wanted to do was take the baby and leave. And that you will do. You went upstairs and grabbed the baby as fast as humanly possible, some baby things, money, and the car keys. You slammed the front door, making sure David heard. And with that, you drove off. The neon streetlights never looked this good before. You were grateful for the electric atmosphere. It had a warm and cozy welcome to it, like the lights could hug you. The baby was asleep, with the reflection of bright lights over his smooth, cream colored face. You stopped in an empty parking lot and climbed in the back of the car. You fell asleep hold you and David's baby...

"...Inconsiderate Bitch..."

I hope this was good enough...